Published : 2014-12-21 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
18 Awesome oscar facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random oscar facts.
1. Mickey Mouse was the 1st non human to win an Oscar.
2. Leo DiCaprio is the highest grossing actor to have never acted in a sequel, and never won an Oscar.
3. Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Harrison Ford have never won Oscars.
4. According to Nielsen numbers, the Super Bowl is more watched than the Grammys, Oscars, and the State of the Union address.
5. Meryl Streep accidentally forgot her just claimed Oscar in the bathroom during the 1979 Academy Award festivities.
6. The Oscar statuette is heavy: It stands at 13.5 inches and weighs 8.5 pounds, about the weight of a gallon of milk.
7. Everyone knows the Academy Award statuette as “Oscar, ” but it actually has an official name: Academy Award of Merit.
8. Male Oscar winners are three times as likely to get a divorce during their first year of marriage.
9. Ellen DeGeneres was only the second woman to ever host the Oscars on her own. The first was Whoopi Goldberg.
10. Oscar the Grouch was orange during the first season of Sesame Street.
11. South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker showed up to the Oscars wearing dresses and tripping on acid in the year 2000.
12. In 2010, Sandra Bullock won an Oscar for Best Actress and a Razzie for Worst Actress within 24 hours of each other.
13. The Oscar voting academy is 94% white and 77% male — last year, not a single minority was nominated for best actor, director, or screenplay.
14. Johnny Depp has never won an Oscar.
15. The actual Oscar award trophy is estimated to be worth about $150.
16. "Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future" Oscar Wilde
17. Eminem has won more oscars than Leonardo DiCaprio.
18. Because metal was scarce; the Oscars given out during world War II were made of plaster.