1. Fast food restaurants use yellow, red, and orange because those are the colors that stimulate hunger.
2. Taste is influenced by color. Scientists have found that hot chocolate tastes better in an orange colored cup.
3. The steam from a cup of coffee contains the same amount of antioxidants as three oranges which help prevent cancer and heart diseases.
4. Flamingo chicks are born gray or white and take up to three years to reach their mature pink, orange or red plumage.
5. The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
6. People are drawn into stores by warm hues like reds, oranges, and yellows, but once inside cool colors like blues and greens encourage them
7. In the classic movie “Godfather”, an orange is always seen somewhere in the scene before someone is killed.
8. Eat an orange before working out. Not only does it keep you hydrated, but it also prevents your muscles from getting sore.
9. Oscar the Grouch was orange during the first season of Sesame Street.
10. Nigger shoes Nigger shoes, would/should have these common characteristics, orange, yellow, green, purple, and or metallic in color.
11. There is a woman named, "Marijuana Pepsi Jackson" – She has never smoked and prefers orange soda.
12. Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley from Harry Potter) owns a hovercraft, an orange Range Rover, and an ice cream truck.
13. The color orange was named after the fruit. It was previously referred to as yellow red.
14. The rainbow tree sheds its outer bark to reveal bright splashes of green, orange and purple beneath.
15. Red roses symbolize love. Yellow, friendship. Dark pink, gratitude. Orange, desire. Peach, appreciation. White, purity.
16. Sharks see contrast very well, wearing the color yellow or orange in the water is said to be risky.
17. Warm colors such as yellow, orange and red make you hungry Which is why many fast food restaurants are yellow, orange and red.
18. The orange locations in Monopoly are the most landed on, it is wise to buy those properties.
19. An orange is a berry but a strawberry isn't.
20. The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
21. Oranges and lemons smell different due to chemically identical molecules that are mirror images of each other. An orange is really just a left handed lemon.
22. After chocolate and vanilla, orange is the world's favorite flavor.
23. When is an orange green? When it's a Valencia! Sometimes warm weather causes the skin to regreen, or reabsorb chlorophyll, giving it a greenish color. But it will still taste great.
24. Navel oranges are named that because of the belly button formation opposite the stem end. The bigger the navel in an orange, the sweeter it will be.
25. Strawberries have more vitamin c than oranges.
26. In its ancient form, the carrot was purple, not orange.
27. According to U.S. FDA standards, 1 cup of orange juice is allowed to contain 10 fruit fly eggs, but only 2 maggots.
28. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, and month! Interesting tries from our readers: orange: door hinge, melange (French for mix) purple: hurtle, durple?, turtle month: once, bunth?, hunch.