1. Research has found that overexposure to online devices, such as iPads and smartphones, can lead to attention deficit disorders.
2. On online dating websites, most women claim to be 8.5 lbs thinner on their profiles.
3. Complaining online can release chemicals in your brain and body, that help you counteract stress and feel better.
4. 5 10% of internet users are actually unable to control how much time they spend online because of psychological addiction.
5. 13.3% of males and 6.7% of females misrepresent their relationship status online, according to a study.
6. South Korea bans children aged under 16 from playing online games between midnight and 6AM under a so called "Cinderella Law."
7. Studies have found that the avatar you use online can impact how you behave.
8. "Oil" is the favorite word of people building online dating profiles in the U.S. states of Texas, Oklahoma, and North Dakota.
9. If you spend over 6 hours a day online, not doing anything important, regularly for 3 or more months you are technically an internet addict.
10. An online plagiarism checker found an 89% similarity between "50 Shades of Grey" and Twilight fanfiction "Masters of the Universe."
11. More men are physically threatened online than women.
12. On online dating sites, women who don’t drink receive 24 percent fewer messages than women who do.
13. People actually share more intimate details with their friends online than when they’re face to face, according to research.
14. An online dating survey revealed that 81% of men preferred a woman with a relaxed and natural looking hairstyle as opposed to all glammed up
15. A study found that 30% of people will meet up with their online friends in real life.
16. While online dating, you can spot a liar by their short profiles, little use of the pronoun "I, " and aversion to talking about their looks.
17. 67% of online shoppers fill their "cart" but abandon it right before the transaction is completed
18. When shopping online, Google the promo codes before making a purchase. You can get anything, from free shipping to 25% off.
19. 71% of teenagers admit to hiding online activities from their parents.
20. While free to watch online, the single ticket price for attending a TED talk starts at $8, 500.
21. You can get most answers to math assignments online by typing in the name of the textbook and then "answers".
22. Researchers have found that online movie renters choose more romance films when the weather is cold.
23. You can track sharks online on SharkTracker.
24. An internet addict is someone who spends more than 6 hours a day online, not doing anything important, regularly for 3 or more months.
25. To prevent illegal online download, a band named Guster, released an album with all the songs replaced by cat meows.
26. According to a study, men and women who use simple words in their online dating profiles have better success.
27. 92% of American children under age 2 have digital profiles and images of them posted online.
28. Research has shown people trust online comments more than credible sources.
29. Wikipedia went online 14 years ago.
30. Textbooks are available to rent online instead of buying them all at the bookstore
31. Men that use the word ‘whom’ in their online dating profiles receive a 31% increase in responses, according to a study.
32. Tip: When searching plane tickets online, delete your cookies. Prices go up if you visit a site multiple times
33. An online dating survey revealed that those who use “LMFAO” have a 193 percent increase in reply rate.
34. The most attractive single people over the age of 35 live in San Francisco, according to an online dating survey.
35. Tricking someone into viewing obscene material online is a crime that could land the perpetrator 10 years in prison.
36. "NoFap" is an online community who support each other in their efforts to abstain from masturbating, they call themselves "fapstronauts."
37. A survey on online dating revealed that men are 65% more likely to want to meet a woman if she wears eye makeup in her profile picture.
38. You can buy ornaments for your beard online.
39. The more kids use online communication, the more anxious they will be in face to face interactions.
40. The average American spends a third of their overall time online playing games and using social networks.
41. Humans are starting to live for documenting life events with photos and online posts, instead actually living for the event.
42. 1 in 5 comments on online news articles are negative.
43. In 2007 a married couple divorced after realizing they were cheating on one another in an online chatroom, with each other.
44. While searching for plane tickets online, delete your Internet cookies. Prices go up if you visit a site multiple times.
45. Tip: When searching plane tickets online, delete your cookies. Prices go up if you visit a site multiple times.
46. Complaining online releases chemicals in your brain and body that help you counteract stress and feel better.
47. The average online UK consumer watches 300 videos on YouTube per month
48. In online dating, if women mention dinner or drinks, they have a 73% chance of getting a reply from men.
49. Men who compliment women on looks in online dating, tend to receive fewer replies, according to a study.
50. Women who use their appearance as a basis for self worth tend to post more photos of themselves online.
51. In 2007 a married couple from Bosnia learned they were cheating on each other in online chat rooms with each other.
52. In 2007, a married couple divorced after realizing they were cheating on each other in an online chatroom, with each other.
53. 93% of students do their research online rather than in a library.