1. Panama is the only place in the world where one can see the sun rise on the Pacific Ocean and set on the Atlantic without moving.
2. It would take more than an hour for a heavy object to sink to the deepest part of the ocean
3. Panama is the only place in the world where you can see the sun rise over the Pacific Ocean and set on the Atlantic.
4. It would take about 732 quintillion packets of Kool Aid and 91.5 quadrillion metric tons of sugar to turn the ocean into cheery Kool Aid.
5. Panama is the only place in the world where one can see the sun rise on the Pacific Ocean and set on the Atlantic.
6. If we could capture just 0.1% of the total of the ocean’s kinetic energy, we could satisfy the current global energy demand 5 times over.
7. Human cadavers that end up in the ocean will be picked clean by marine animals if there are high oxygen levels in the water.
8. The North Magnetic Pole, once located over Canada, is now in the Arctic Ocean and is slowly moving towards Russia.
9. There are approximately three million shipwrecks on the ocean floor, worth billions in value and treasure.
10. Harold Hackett has put over 4800 messages in bottles into the ocean and has gotten 3000 responses back.
11. Scientists have discovered liquid oceans in one of the moons of Saturn.
12. Jellyfish have lived in the oceans for more than 650 million years, long before the dinosaurs.
13. If all the world’s ice melted, the oceans would rise 200 feet
14. In 1951, after his plane crashed into the ocean, Clint Eastwood swam 3 miles to safety (along with his pilot).
15. China’s factories dump 60, 000, 000 tons of waste into the ocean every day — 90% of China’s water is polluted.
16. There is a hotel in Fiji where for $15, 000 a week you can sleep on the ocean floor and you can feed fish outside your window.
17. There are more atoms in a teaspoon of water than there are teaspoons of water in the Atlantic Ocean.
18. 70% of the oxygen we breathe is produced by the ocean.
19. The Bermuda Triangle has as many ship and plane disappearances as any other region of the ocean.
20. An estimated 50 80% of all life on Earth is found in the ocean.
21. The carbon dioxide released by humans is slowly turning the ocean into acid.
22. There are more atoms in a single glass of water than glasses of water in all the oceans on Earth.
23. Pharrell Williams wants to create jeans out of ocean trash.
24. Seahorses move along at about 0.01 mph, making them what scientists believe to be the slowest fish in the ocean.
25. The Ross seal is a seal species that never leaves the Antarctic Ocean.
26. Sea spiders are known to live as deep as 23, 000 feet below the surface of the ocean.
27. The Indian Ocean tsunami of 2004 killed over 216, 000 people in 14 countries.
28. Panama is the only place in the world where one can see the sun rise on the Pacific Ocean and set on the Atlantic without moving.
29. The gold dissolved in the world's oceans is estimated to be worth $475 trillion: about 30 times the US public debt.
30. The volume of the Earth's moon is the same as the volume of the Pacific Ocean.
31. The Atlantic Ocean is saltier than the Pacific Ocean.
32. Annually, the amount of garbage that is dumped in the world's oceans is three times the weight of fish that is caught from the oceans.
33. Approximately 115 tons of ocean salt spray enters the earth's atmosphere each second.
34. It takes a drop of ocean water more than 1, 000 years to circulate around the world.