Published : 2015-01-02 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
16 Weird network facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random network facts.
1. Mount Everest has its own 3G wireless network.
2. With 150, 000 post offices, India has the largest postal network in the world. However, a letter can take two weeks to travel just 30 miles.
3. There was a cable network called The Puppy Channel. All it did for three years was broadcast footage of puppies playing.
4. The drug cartels are capturing technicians and making them build a private cell phone network.
5. Men whose parents had broad and active social networks tend to have more friendships.
6. While you are not required by law to report UFO sightings, the Mutual UFO Network expresses that you are obligated to.
7. Hit TV show "Lost" was greenlit based on a one line concept from an ABC network president, having little backstory or plot.
8. Japan has a network of roads that play music as you drive over them at the correct speed.
9. Instagram is the most important social network for teens, followed by Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr, respectively.
10. The richer you are, the larger your social network probably is.
11. Allegedly, over 30% of Twitter Accounts are fake accounts created by the FBl and ClA to spy on people and monitor social networking activity
12. Family Guy started as a Cartoon Network short in 1997.
13. The average American spends a third of their overall time online playing games and using social networks.
14. A high GPA looks good on paper, but networking and building friendships is what gets you a job.
15. MySpace users tend to have fewer years of formal education than users of other social network services
16. In 2003, the Polynesian island of Niue created an all island WiFi network, creating the first nationwide, free WiFi network in the world.