1. Once in a blue moon is an appropriate way to describe a rare event, because blue moons are, themselves, rare but actuall...
2. In 1903 the Wright brothers flew for 59 seconds. 38 years later Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. 28 years after that, the US landed on the moon.
3. In 1969, NASA possessed the technology to land on the moon but not the technology to fake the moon landings.
4. If the Andromeda galaxy was brighter, it would appear larger than the moon.
5. Humans put a man on the Moon before they put wheels on luggage.
6. Planetary scientist Eugene Shoemaker is the only human in history to have their ashes buried on the Moon.
7. On the Moon, it would be possible for humans to walk on water.
8. NASA requested that Buzz Aldrin not talk about the Bible on the moon.
9. Scientists have discovered liquid oceans in one of the moons of Saturn.
10. Mountain Dew was originally slang for Moonshine.
11. More than 75% of people used to believe that the moon is following their car when they were kids.
12. The Dark Side of the Moon was #1 for only one week on the Billboard album chart, although it remained on the chart for 741 weeks.
13. The flag erected on the Moon during the historic Apollo 11 landing was purchased at a local Sears store for $5.50.
14. A day on the Moon is so slow that you could outrun the sun in a car and stay in perpetual sunlight.
15. All of the American flags on the Moon are still standing, but they have turned white from exposure to the Sun.
16. The Moon is now about 18 times further away from Earth than when it was formed 4.5 billion years ago.
17. The Outer Space Treaty states that the moon can be used for peaceful purposes by all nations and weapons of mass destruction are prohibited.
18. Never ignore a person who loves and cares for you, because one day you may realize that you’ve lost the moon while counting the stars.
19. Between 25 to 28% of Americans believe we never landed on the moon.
20. One day on the Moon lasts 29 Earth days.
21. Google is giving a $20 million prize to any private team that can land on the Moon by December 31st, 2016.
22. If we cooked every living chicken in the world, the chicken would fill enough KFC 16 piece buckets to stack to the moon and back 3 times.
23. The first recorded mooning happened in 66 AD, when a Roman soldier mooned a group of Jews and started a riot.
24. Every planet in our solar system could fit between Earth and the Moon.
25. You would need to build a column of around 40 billion LEGO bricks if you wanted to reach the moon.
26. When the moon is directly over your head, you weigh slightly less.
27. Honeymoon The brief, happy period after a marriage.
28. The Outer Space Treaty of 1967 made it illegal for countries to establish military bases on the Moon.
29. 13% of the people who took a survey in 1988, said that they believe that cheese is what the moon is made of.
30. The movie "Home Alone" was released closer to the moon landing than it was to today.
31. Keith Moon blew up $500, 000 worth of toilets with cherry bombs and dynamite. He was banned from all Hiltons worldwide.
32. The Moon has "Moonquakes" one of which reached 5.5 on the Richter Scale.
33. All of the planets in our solar system could fit in the distance between the Earth and the Moon.
34. Buzz Aldrin left a copy of Playboy on the moon.
35. When the moon is directly above you, you weigh less.
36. During the 1950s, the U.S. considered dropping an atomic bomb on the Moon as a show of military superiority over the Soviets.
37. Almost 95% of all of us thought the moon was following our cars when we were little, but it never did in reality.
38. In about 600 million years, the moon will appear too small to cover the sun, and there will be no more total solar eclipses.
39. The sun is 400 times larger than the moon but is also 400 times farther from Earth, making the two bodies appear the same size in the sky.
40. Jupiter can have a triple eclipse, in which three moons cast shadows on the planet simultaneously.
41. The moon is actually egg shaped it looks perfectly round because the large end is pointed towards Earth.
42. NASA plans to grow plants on the moon next year.
43. In 1969, Apollo 11 returned from the Moon in half the time it took to get from Boston to New York by stagecoach in 1769.
44. Moon dust smells like gunpowder.
45. On a clear, moonless night the human eye can detect a match being struck 50 miles away.
46. If all the Lego bricks ever manufactured were clipped on top of each other, they would make a tower ten times as high as the distance to the Moon.
47. A city in India is named after Vasco da Gama, as well as three Brazilian football teams, several ships, a crater on the moon and several places in Lisbon, Portugal.
48. Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon.
49. The volume of the Earth's moon is the same as the volume of the Pacific Ocean.
50. 41% of the moon is not visible from earth at any time.
51. Due to gravitational effects, you weigh slightly less when the moon is directly overhead.
52. February 1865 is the only month in recorded history to not have a full moon.
53. Jupiter's moon Ganymede, is larger than the planet Mercury.
54. The earth is .02 degrees hotter during a full moon.
55. The moon is actually moving away from Earth at a rate of 1.5 inches per year.
56. There are three golf balls sitting on the moon.