Published : 2014-12-21 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
24 Best monkey facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random monkey facts.
1. The leading cause of a death for a white capuchin monkey in the wild is being murdered by another white capuchin monkey.
2. In 2005, a research team taught a group of monkeys how to use money. Soon thereafter, the monkeys were soliciting/practicing prostitution.
3. It is common for monkeys to carry tuberculosis, hepatitis, and herpes B.
4. Grinning or pulling the lip is a sign of aggression in monkeys.
5. Hugh Hefner has a zoo license. Among his many pets are peacocks and spider monkeys.
6. Instead of saying, "Not my problem, " Polish people sometimes say, "Not my circus, not my monkey."
7. An animal breeding experts were sent to Africa by Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, to try to produce an army of half man, half monkey soldiers
8. Peel a banana from the bottom, not top. That’s how monkeys open it.
9. Monkeys mimic other "celebrity" monkeys that are popular just like humans do.
10. When gelada monkeys cheat on their partners, they try to cover it up and keep it secret.
11. In "Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back, " Yoda was originally going to be played by a monkey with a mask on.
12. Instead of saying, ”Not my problem, ” Polish people say, ”Not my circus, not my monkey.”
13. Monkeys have tails; apes do not.
14. Instead of saying, "Not my problem, " Polish people say, "Not my circus, not my monkey."
15. To attract a mate, capuchin male monkeys urinate on themselves.
16. Monkeys floss their teeth.
17. The Golden lion tamarin is a species of monkey that can be found sleeping in abandoned woodpecker nests.
18. Sea monkeys are born with just one eye and breathe through their feet.
19. There is a type of monkey that has blue balls. The bluer they are, the higher ranking the monkey is.
20. Baboons are the largest members of the monkey family.
21. Male monkeys go bald just as men do.
22. Black howler monkeys growl so loud they can be heard more than 2 miles away.
23. Male monkeys lose the hair on their heads in the same way men do.
24. Spider monkeys like banana daiquiris.