Published : 2014-12-20 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
21 Best mirror facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random mirror facts.
1. There are 7 different kinds of twins: Identical, Fraternal, Half Identical, Mirror Image, Mixed Chromosome, Superfecundation, Superfetation
2. Mirrors are placed near elevators as a psychological trick tomake wait seem more tolerable. People like to look at themselves.
3. People become more anxious about their looks after staring in a mirror for a long period of time.
4. In the novel I Am Legend, the vampires fear crosses, garlic and mirrors, only because they think they should.
5. Elevators contain mirrors in order to make the elevator seem larger to help people who are claustrophobic & suffer anxiety.
6. You see yourself as 5 times more attractive in the mirror than you really are, thanks to your brain.
7. Human babies are unable to recognize themselves in mirrors until they are 12 20 months of age.
8. Chameleon skin is made up of tiny, mirror like crystals that reflect differing levels of light, allowing it to change color.
9. "There are two ways to spread happiness; either be the light who shines it or be the mirror who reflects it." Edith Wharton
10. When you watch football, your brain is mirroring the actions of the on screen athletes, giving you a self esteem boost.
11. Every morning when I wake up I look into the mirror and ask myself, "why the hell do you own a mirror?"
12. Like human toddlers, great apes, magpies, dolphins and elephants have passed the mirror test—they recognize themselves in a mirror.
13. Catoptrophobia is the fear of mirrors.
14. People see themselves six times more attractive in the mirror than they really are.
15. When you look in a mirror, your behavior is actually altered seeing yourself causes you to act in a more socially desirable way.
16. People are not mirrors. They see you completely differently than the way you see yourself.
17. Mirrors are placed near elevators as a psychological trick to make wait seem more tolerable. People like to look at themselves.
18. If you stare into a mirror in low light for a few minutes, your brain will get bored and begin to make imaginary monsters.
19. Oranges and lemons smell different due to chemically identical molecules that are mirror images of each other. An orange is really just a left handed lemon.
20. You can tape a small mirror onto a cone speaker, play music and shine a laser on to the mirror and the reflection will look like a laser light show on your wall.
21. You can tape a small mirror onto a cone speaker, play music and shine a laser on to the mirror and the reflection will look like a laser light show on your wall.