Published : 2014-12-24 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
25 Best medical facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random medical facts.
1. “Veisalgia” is the medical term for hangover.
2. It has been medically proven that laughter is an effective pain killer.
3. Both ancient Egyptian and Greek medicine recognized obesity as a medical disorder.
4. Dr. Oz said his TV series, "The Dr. Oz Show, " "is not a medical show."
5. The British Medical Journal called the one study that found a link between vaccines and autism "an elaborate fraud, " and deliberately false.
6. The only difference between Tylenol Cold and Tylenol Flu is the box, they have the exact same medical ingredients.
7. Every dollar spent on the rubella, measles, and mumps vaccine saves the U.S. $23.30 in medical costs, according to CDC data.
8. Acrorthosis is a medical condition in which a man may have too many erections too often.
9. A man once robbed a bank for $1 so he could be arrested and sent to jail for free medical health care.
10. Subway was started by 17 year old, Frank DeLuca who was only looking for a way to pay for medical school.
11. "Scrubs" has been described as the most medically accurate television show on air.
12. Sloppy medical handwriting kills more than 7, 000 people every year.
13. Studies show that people (including medical personnel) subconsciously believe that white individuals feel more pain than black individuals.
14. According to a study done by the American Medical Association, taking Aspirin to prevent a hangover will usually have the opposite effect.
15. Jackie Chan trains his stuntmen and pays their medical bills out of pocket.
16. Scrubs" has actually been described as the most medically accurate television show on air
17. The doctor who claimed there was a link between autism and vaccines, lost his medical license for creating fraudulent data for the study.
18. Over 250 dead people have been cryogenically frozen and are waiting until the day medical science can revive them.
19. As many as 400, 000 hospital patients are killed each year due to preventable medical errors.
20. Wealthy Russians hire fake ambulances with luxury interiors and refreshments instead of medical equipment to beat city traffic.
21. In 2003, Canada became the first country in the world to offer medical marijuana to pain suffering patients.
22. The medical term for "butt crack" is "intergluteal cleft."
23. Medical research has found substances in mistletoe that can slow down tumor growth.
24. If you are bitten by a poisonous snake, and fail to receive medical attention, you still have a 50% chance of survival.
25. Medical studies show that intelligent people have more copper and zinc in their hair.