Published : 2014-12-21 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
23 Best meat facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random meat facts.
1. A study found that fast food burgers were made up of only 12% meat. The rest was water weight, bone, cartilage, plant matter, and parasites.
2. You can buy canned Unicorn meat on Amazon for $10.99!
3. 70% of the grain grown in the U.S. is fed to farmed animals, and it takes up to 13 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of meat.
4. Hot Dogs are so named because they were originally rumored to contain dog meat.
5. In Japan they have horse meat, cactus, charcoal, and octopus flavored ice cream.
6. Every year, the average meat eating American ingests more than enough blood to fill a soda can
7. Some American Indians did not eat Turkey meat because they believed killing such a timid bird showed laziness
8. In Switzerland, it is still legal to eat dog and cat meat, and some Swiss people still eat it regularly.
9. Boneless wings are not wings but breast meat
10. 80% of antibiotics sold are used for meat and poultry production.
11. Consuming meat contributes more to global warming than any other activity.
12. Pizza Hut has released a line of nail polish with color names like "Dough You Need Me, " "Say Cheese, " and "Meat Me After Midnight."
13. Panda bears eat bamboo largely because they have no umami taste receptors — meat tastes bland to them.
14. 84% of vegetarians and vegans switch back to eating meat at some point.
15. Chipotle buys more naturally raised meat than any other company in the world.
16. Bluebottle flies can smell meat from distances 7 km away.
17. A study found that fast food burgers were made up of only 12% meat. The rest was water weight, bone, cartilage, plant matter, and parasites.
18. A "flexitarian" is a vegetarian who occasionally eats meat.
19. Vegetarians on average have an IQ five points higher than those who regularly eat meat, according to research.
20. A hungry wolf can eat 20 pounds of meat in a single meal, which is the same as a human eating one hundred hamburgers.
21. Human meat looks, smells, feels and tastes similar to veal so much so that the average person cannot tell the difference.
22. IKEA is the world's 3rd largest user of wood and sells 2 billion Swedish meatballs a year.
23. Polar Bears can eat more than 50 lbs. of meat in one setting.