Published : 2014-12-21 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
26 Best math facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random math facts.
1. Math anxiety is a psychological disorder which causes stress and anxiety when doing math problems.
2. The first woman to earn a PhD in Computer Science in the United States also earned a Masters in Math & Physics. She was a Catholic nun.
3. Ancient Babylonians did math in base 60 and not base 10, giving us 60 seconds in a minute, 360 degrees in a circle, etc.
4. Neptune was the first planet to be discovered by mathematical calculations before it was actually seen by a telescope.
5. You can get most answers to math assignments online by typing in the name of the textbook and then "answers".
6. Kids who took music lessons have higher IQs, better Math ability and increased processing speed.
7. North Korea is the only country that has been caught cheating at the International Mathematical Olympiad—twice.
8. Attempting to solve math equations triggers the same region of the brain responsible for reacting to extremely fearful situations.
9. Any number divided by zero is . . . nothing, not even zero. The equation is mathematically impossible.
10. Mathematically speaking, it is actually abnormal to be normal.
11. For hundreds of years, “Computer” was a job title for a person who did math problems all day.
12. You can electrically shock a person’s brain to greatly improve their math skills for up to 6 months.
13. No one has ever seen a giraffe swim, but it is mathematically possible.
14. A new study suggests that a small electrical current applied to the brain can boost your math performance for up to 6 months.
15. Studies show that eating chocolate can improve your math skills.
16. In the aftermath of 9/11, rescue dogs found so few living people it caused them great stress because they believed they had failed.
17. Only one out of the seven Math Millennium Prize Problems has been solved. Solving each is worth 1 million dollars!
18. The median score for college bound seniors on the math section of the SAT in 2011 was about 510 out of 800.
19. Contrary to popular belief, Einstein never failed math. In fact, by fifteen he had already mastered differential and integral calculus.
20. Canadians are required to solve a math problem before claiming lottery winnings.
21. Wolves are better at math than dogs.
22. My math teacher showed up to my party. He broke out some coke and he banged an 18 year old.... My school is fucking crazy LHS
23. Our Basketball Coach is a math teacher who thinks he has come up with the equation to never miss a basket. Please send help. JGH
24. Danica McKellar, Abby from The Big Bang Theory, is a mathematician and has a theorem named after her.
25. An increase in math and science rigor has been linked to greater dropout rates.
26. In 1990, all the world's mathematical knowledge could be written in about 80 books: today it would fill more than 100, 000.