1. Women gain weight after marriage, Men gain weight after divorce.
2. A 99 year old man divorced his 96 year old wife after 77 years of marriage because he discovered that she had an affair in the 40's.
3. It takes 3 to 4 years to completely get to know someone. Couples who wait this length before marriage are less likely to divorce.
4. The median age at first marriage has risen to nearly 29 years for men and to more than 26 years for women compared to 22...
5. The longest recorded marriage lasted 91 years and 12 days.
6. In Ancient Greece, throwing an apple to a woman was considered a marriage proposal.
7. Around 42 million American adults have had more than one marriage — that’s 20 million more than in 1980.
8. People fall in love on average 7 times before marriage.
9. In the U.S., only 9% of dual income marriages share housework, childcare, and breadwinning evenly.
10. Nearly eight in 10 young adults now favor gay marriage.
11. Marrying your best friend eliminates the risk of divorce by over 78%. These marriages are the ones most likely to last a lifetime.
12. Money is the number one thing that people say they argue about most in marriage, next is children.
13. To help them communicate better, couples were given ecstasy during marriage counseling in 1970s.
14. Marry someone who understands that you need to be alone sometimes. These types of marriages last longer.
15. Male Oscar winners are three times as likely to get a divorce during their first year of marriage.
16. Generally, people who get married are no more satisfied after marriage than they were prior to it.
17. In the United States, mail order marriages are less likely to end in divorce than marriages overall.
18. People in the most successful marriages spend 5 more hours a week being together and talking.
19. Honeymoon The brief, happy period after a marriage.
20. 2 days after their marriage, both Hitler and his new wife Eva Braun committed suicide.
21. People who drink domestic beer tend to be traditional and are most likely to be looking for marriage, according to a dating survey.
22. Upon finding out about an affair his 96 year old wife had in 1940, a 99 year old man divorced his wife, ending a 77 year long marriage.
23. Claudius II banned marriage for young Roman men because he believed single men made better soldiers.
24. More than 10% of all marriages around the world are between first or second cousins.
25. A 109 year old woman from Scotland says her secret to a long life is porridge, exercise and hard work whilst avoiding men and marriage.
26. A bad marriage is much worse for your health than being single.
27. It takes 3 to 4 years to completely get to know someone. Couples who wait this length before marriage are less likely to divorce.
28. A man in China once had 9, 999 red roses sewn into a dress for his girlfriend before asking for her hand in marriage.
29. According to one study, men with attractive wives report higher levels of satisfaction with their marriages.
30. In 2010, 15 percent of new marriages in the U.S. were between spouses of different races.
31. The best marriage will start as a friendship. Marrying someone you consider a close friend reduces the divorce rate by 80%.
32. Marrying your best friend eliminates the risk of divorce by over 70%. These marriages are more likely to last a lifetime.
33. The world record for the most marriages belongs to a man named Glynn Wolfe – He was married 29 times.