Published : 2014-12-21 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
23 Best machine facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random machine facts.
1. In Japan you can find fresh eggs, crepes, batteries, umbrellas and even underwear in vending machines.
2. WWI allied soldiers would fire thousands of rounds at random over the German trenches to boil the water in their machine guns to make tea.
3. You use a #2 pencil when taking a test because graphite is electrically conductive—a machine uses electrical currents to grade your answers.
4. Pinball Machines were illegal in New York City during 35 years around the same time as prohibition which led to "Pinball Speakeasies."
5. Want to piss off the annoying customer behind you at a store? Hold all 4 corner buttons on the credit card machine to reset it.
6. There is a company that will fly you in a helicopter and allow you to use machine guns to kill animals from the air while they run.
7. North Korea uses a fax machine to send threats to South Korea.
8. Ernest Hemingway used to hunt U Boats in his fishing boat with direction finding equipment, a machine gun and hand grenades.
9. 1. Enter code: 432112311 into a vending machine. 2. Quickly press & hold the coin return button. 3. Change will fall into the tray
10. Humans are more likely to be killed by a vending machine, than they are by a shark
11. You can buy mashed potato from vending machines in Singapore for about 80 U.S. cents.
12. Live lobsters are sold in vending machines in Japan.
13. Pressing 4, 2, 3, 1 in order in a vending machine can sometimes give you a free drink.
14. Scientists estimate that laughing 100 times is equivalent to a 10 minute workout on a rowing machine
15. A new machine called "The Omniprocessor" can turn poop into clean drinking water and generate electricity.
16. It is illegal to kill a hedgehog with a machine gun in Britain.
17. There is a “Hug Me” Coca Cola machine in Singapore which gives you a can of coke each time you hug it.
18. You can put a dry towel into a washing machine to dry your clothes faster.
19. In Beijing, you can buy your subway tickets by recycling plastic bottles in designated vending machines.
20. The letters in SLOT MACHINES can be rearranged to spell CASH LOST IN ME.
21. More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.
22. No patent can ever be taken out on a gambling machine in the United States.
23. There is one slot machine in Las Vegas for every eight inhabitants.