Published : 2014-12-23 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
20 Interesting lung facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random lung facts.
1. Singing will exercise your heart and lungs. It also releases endorphins, making you feel good.
2. Two surgeons used a coat hanger, brandy, and a tube to operate on a collapsed lung during an airplane flight and succeeded.
3. Philip Morris was the fhe first owner of the Marlboro company. He died of lung cancer.
4. If you inhale a pea, it�s possible for it to sprout and grow while in your lungs.
5. The first owner of the Marlboro company died of lung cancer.
6. "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" is an English word that refers to a lung disease that is otherwise known as silicosis.
7. If you inhale a pea, it can sprout and grow in your lungs.
8. Lung cancer caused the death of the first ever owner of the Marlboro Company.
9. The last episode of Breaking Bad is #62 — the 62nd element on the Periodic Table, samarium, is used to treat lung cancer.
10. The number of skin cancer cases due to tanning is higher than the number of lung cancer cases due to smoking.
11. If you inhale a pea, it’s possible for it to sprout and grow while in your lungs.
12. A British woman with asthma coughed so violently that one of her lungs slipped out of her chest between two of her ribs.
13. The oldest known ages for a fish was an Australian lungfish. It was alive and well at 65 years old.
14. The South American and African lung fish can sleep out of water for months buried in the mud of dried up river beds
15. An angry golfer once flung his club at a bench, it sprung back, pierced his heart and killed him.
16. Microwave popcorn can lead to a lung condition that can shorten your life.
17. Most pelicans feed off the surface of the water but the brown pelican prefers to plunge in the water from as high up as 30 feet
18. If you were to roll a lung from a human body and out flat it would be the size of a tennis court.
19. The lungfish can live out of water for three years in a state of suspended animation.
20. The right lung takes in more air than the left.