1. During the making of the movie "The Passion of the Christ" the actor who played Jesus was struck by lightning during crucifixion scene.
2. It is more likely to be killed by an asteroid than to be killed by lightening
3. The Mall of America has no central heating system. All the heat is generated by people, lighting, and skylights.
4. If you are an average American you will spend 6 months of your life waiting at a stop light.
5. A blind, bald, and near deaf man was struck by lightning and all three conditions were fixed.
6. The Mall of America has no central heating system. All the heat is generated by people, lighting, and skylights
7. Yellow teeth are stronger, the natural color of our teeth is a light yellow color. Whitening your teeth can permanently weaken them
8. Squinting helps you see because it focuses the light coming into your eyeball directly on the fovea, which is responsible for seeing detail.
9. “Darkness is beauty, much like light.”
10. The spots on the planet with the highest amount of lightning are Lake Maracaibo in Venezuela and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
11. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match was invented
12. A blind, bald, and near deaf man was struck by lightning and all three conditions were fixed. #Unbelievable
13. 4 D printers create objects that have four dimensional characteristics, relying on water, heat, or light to activate them.
14. Two surgeons used a coat hanger, brandy, and a tube to operate on a collapsed lung during an airplane flight and succeeded.
15. Jerrie Mock was the first woman to fly a plane solo around the world she disliked the spotlight so much, hardly anyone knew about it.
16. A report found that insults and slights are more offensive in settings where people are relatively equal and diverse to begin with.
17. Fish scales are used in lipstick to make it shimmer and reflect light.
18. Every American space flight menu has included chocolate
19. Breast fed babies score slightly higher on mental development tests than ones on formula
20. The planet Neptune emits more light than it receives from the Sun.
21. The sun is white and only appears yellow to us due to atmospheric scattering of blue light
22. Whenever you move your eyes quickly from one point to another, your perception of time stretches slightly backwards.
23. Daylight Saving Time costs the U.S. an estimated $434 million in lost productivity and decreased health.
24. Having Daylight Saving Time all year round could decrease deaths from traffic accidents, saving up to 366 lives.
25. Jennifer Lawrence from The Hunger Games auditioned for the role of Bella Swan in the Twilight series, but lost the role to Kristen Stewart.
26. Photic Sneeze Reflex or "Sun Sneezing" is a condition affecting a quarter of the population and makes them sneeze after looking into light.
27. For people over 60, light or moderate alcohol intake is associated with better recall of past events, according to a study.
28. Sagittarius B, an interstellar cloud 26, 000 light years from Earth, contains a billion billion billion litres of alcohol.
29. An online plagiarism checker found an 89% similarity between "50 Shades of Grey" and Twilight fanfiction "Masters of the Universe."
30. During the making of the movie "The Passion of the Christ" the actor who played Jesus was struck by lightning during crucifixion scene.
31. When threatened, vultures vomit to lighten their body weight so they can escape more easily into flight.
32. Adderall is effectively equivalent to slightly diluted Meth.
33. Wasps have brought down 2 commercial airline flights, killing over 200 people.
34. In 1999, two women were burnt down by a lightning strike when the underwire in their bras worked as an electrical conductors.
35. Every minute, enough sunlight hits the surface of the earth to power the world for an entire year.
36. There is a Phenomenon where people believe street lights react to their presence which is known as "Street light interference phenomenon"
37. 2 F16 pilots went on a suicide mission to stop Flight 93 on 9/11.
38. Lightning is hot enough to turn sand into glass
39. Iguanas have a third eye on top of their head that only detects light, dark, and movement.
40. The light hitting the earth right now is thousand of years old.
41. Party Hack: Put glow sticks in a cooler for easy drink grabbing without needing a flashlight.
42. Scientists say that animals avoid high voltage power lines because of flashing UV light that is undetectable to humans.
43. A study found people with lighter eye colors (blue, green, hazel, grey) have a higher alcohol tolerance.
44. Astronomers found a planet 4, 000 light years away that is made of diamond.
45. If you start to feel light headed after you stood up too quickly, tighten your abs super hard.
46. Summer nights in the Faroe Islands are so well illuminated that between May and July the lighthouses are turned off.
47. Each day, 4.5 pounds of sunlight strike the earth.
48. Chameleon skin is made up of tiny, mirror like crystals that reflect differing levels of light, allowing it to change color.
49. A day on the Moon is so slow that you could outrun the sun in a car and stay in perpetual sunlight.
50. Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
51. Human emotions are felt more intensely under bright light.
52. Pixar literally created a better love story in 8 minutes in the movie UP than Twilight did in 4 movies.
53. The word “photography” means “writing with light.”
54. If struck directly on sand, the heat of a lightning bolt can turn it into glass!
55. In the state of Colorado a pet cat, if loose, must have a tail light.
56. A man named Walter Summerford was struck by lightening 3 times in his life. After his death, his gravestone was also struck.
57. "There are two ways to spread happiness; either be the light who shines it or be the mirror who reflects it." Edith Wharton
58. "When i was a kid i saw what looked to be a shadow of someones hand turn off the lightswitch. i was the only one upstairs" NJ
59. Edward and Bella in "Twilight" meet 14 criteria set by the National Domestic Abuse hotline for being in an abusive relationship.
60. Tilting your head to the right and slightly up makes you look more attractive. Tilting it to the right makes you look more intelligent.
61. It has been calculated that every year, Earth becomes 110 million pounds lighter.
62. If someone flashes their brights, it means there is a cop ahead. If they flick their lights on and off, it means your lights are off.
63. On average, one human consumes the energy equivalent of a 100 watt light bulb every day.
64. In some instances, darkness moves faster than light.
65. The hair on a polar bear is not white, but clear. They reflect light, so they appear white.
66. In 1999, Harvard physicist Lene Hau was able to slow down light to 17 meters per second and in 2001, was able to stop light completely.
67. The largest object in the known universe is over 10, 000, 000, 000 light years across and theoretically should not exist.
68. The largest known star is 4, 982, 686, 912 times bigger than the sun, and is only 9, 500 light years away.
69. Your brain creates enough electricity to power a lightbulb.
70. "Cockshut" is another word for "twilight."
71. When the moon is directly over your head, you weigh slightly less.
72. Heliophobia is the fear of the sun or sunlight.
73. 50 Shades of Grey A socially accepted piece of a former Twilight Fan Fiction erotic novel that is captivating females of all ages.
74. A survey revealed that 92% of light beer drinkers are open to dating someone with kids.
75. People who drink ultra light beer tend to prefer long term relationships and are most likely to be homebodies, according to a survey.
76. Samuel L. Jackson purposely requested his lightsaber to be purple so he could find himself among hundreds of green and blue sabers.
77. If an alien in a galaxy 65 million light years away is looking at us through a telescope right now, then they are looking at dinosaurs.
78. Taking a shower during a lightning storm is not recommended – A lightning strike can be conducted from many miles away through a water pipe.
79. The odds of getting struck by lightning in the U.S. in any given year is 1 in 700, 000, but over a lifetime, they are just 1 in 3, 000.
80. A man once tried to blow up the Eiffel Tower because its light was shining into his bedroom, keeping him awake at night.
81. Flashlight fish have lights under their eyes. The lights are actually glowing bacteria!
82. 85% people at some point in their life have tried to close the fridge slowly to see when the light goes out!
83. Just did the harlem shake down 3 flights of stairs.
84. If someone dies during a flight, British Airways puts the body in first class.
85. People with darker skin do not wrinkle as fast as people with lighter skin.
86. Over the whole Twilight saga, there are over 24 minutes of just staring.
87. Houseflies younger than four days old don’t react to light and therefore won’t be attracted to your bug zapper
88. The word lightsaber is never used in Star Wars: Episode I.
89. Scientists are creating glow in the dark trees to replace street lights.
90. The Empire State building gets hit by lightning about 25 times per year.
91. Lighter skin in humans evolved only recently, maybe only 10, 000 years ago, probably in response to more clothing and limited diet.
92. The goldfish is the only animal that can see both infrared and ultraviolet light
93. The Arctic tern experiences 4 months of constant sunlight in the Arctic & 4 months of constant sunlight in the Antarctic
94. Early Roman law stipulated that anyone who was killed by lightning would not receive a proper burial.
95. People who work long hours tend to drink more than those who keep lighter hours.
96. The lighter was invented before the match.
97. Florida gets struck by lightning more than any other U.S. state.
98. “Twilight” was rejected by 14 publishers before being published.
99. Cockshut" is another word for "twilight."
100. Twilight was rejected 14 times before being published.