1. The Latin phrase “In vino veritas” translates into “in wine there is the truth" as it was believed that nobody could lie after drinking.
2. Gelatin is created by boiling the bones and skins of cows and pigs
3. The Hogwarts school motto is Latin for "Never tickle a sleeping dragon."
4. African Americans are 3x likelier and Latinos are 2 3x likelier to report less than 5 hours of sleep a day, compared to whites.
5. The word "Senate" in Latin literally means "a body of old men."
6. Crossing your fingers for luck is actually a Christian symbol for invoking protection by emulating the shape of a cross.
7. The popular dog name "Fido" is derived from the Latin word for faithful, "fidus."
8. ‘Re:’ in email subjects is not an abbreviation of ‘Reply’, but a complete word, borrowed from Latin, meaning ‘about’, ‘with reference to’.
9. Ovulating women feel that kissing is more important in the initial stages of a relationship than women who are not ovulating.
10. 2014 was first year ever with zero platinum certified records.
11. The Hogwarts school motto is "Draco Dormiens Nunquim Titillandus, " Latin for "Never tickle a sleeping dragon."
12. The Latin phrase “In vino veritas” translates into “in wine there is the truth" as it was believed that nobody could lie after drinking.
13. The word "muscle" comes from the latin word "musculus, " which means "little mouse."
14. The Vatican Bank is the world’s only bank that allows ATM users to perform transactions in Latin.
15. Grillz Caps or fitting worn over ones teeth, either on top, bottom, or both. To be mostly made out of gold, silver, diamond, or platinum.
16. A.M. stands for “Ante Meridiem, ” which is Latin for “Before Midday”; P.M. stands for “Post Meridiem, ” which is Latin for “After Midday.”
17. The abbreviation for pound, "Lb, " comes from the Latin word "Libra, " which is derived from an ancient Roman unit of measurement.
18. Gelatin is derived from collagen, a protein collected from animal skin.
19. According to a study, 80% of men fantasize about ejaculating on their partner.
20. "Expecto Patronum", the Patronus spell in Harry Potter, means "I await a protector" in Latin.
21. The number of US college students studying Latin is three times the number studying Arabic.
22. Only 2% of scientists confess to falsifying or manipulating data...but 14% say they know a colleague who did.
23. LEGO means "to put together" in Latin.
24. Stimulating the brain with an electric current increases memory retention.
25. "Death by powerpoint" is a term relating to the intense boredom/hatred of useless powerpoint presentations.
26. Strippers earn more in tips when ovulating.
27. The half a million tonnes of chocolate eaten each year in Britain represent 87% of the entire annual cocoa production of Latin America.
28. The walrus scientific name, Odobenus rosmarus, is Latin for 'tooth walking sea horse'.
29. The root of the English word cheese comes from the Latin caseus, which also gives us the word casein, the milk protein that is the basis of cheese.
30. Isaac Newton was known to have said that his work on formulating a theory of gravitation was inspired by watching an apple fall from a tree. A story well publicized to this very day.
31. All the platinum ever mined would fit into an average sized living room.
32. The mile is Latin for 1, 000. The number of paces it took the average Roman.