1. Children diagnosed with ADHD have a much higher risk of developing a written language disorder.
2. American Sign Language has more in common with spoken Japanese than it does with spoken English when it comes to grammar
3. Huh? means the same thing in every language.
4. Martha Stewart has said that she has a special language she speaks when talking to animals.
5. Physical flirts—those who express interest through body language—offer fewer compliments when they are attracted to someone, studies show.
6. The Russian language doesn’t have a word for “fun.”
7. 6% of people can speak 3 or more languages.
8. The chief translator for the European Parliament, Ioannis Ikonomou, fluently speaks 32 languages.
9. Almost is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
10. Because the English language is so complex, every day the average person will create a sentence that has never been said before.
11. "Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
12. There are over 300 languages spoken in London schools.
13. A Gorilla named Koko was taught sign language, lied to trainers by blaming the pet kitten after tearing down a metal sink out of the wall.
14. French was the official language of England for over 300 years.
15. Beijing, Seoul, and Tokyo all mean "capital" in their respective languages.
16. “Huh?” is a universal word and is found in roughly the same form and function in spoken languages across the globe.
17. A female Gorilla named Koko was taught sign language, once she requested a pet cat as present on her birthday.
18. "Huh?" is a universal word and is found in roughly the same form and function in spoken languages across the globe.
19. There are 923 words in the English language that break the “I before E” rule. Only 44 words actually follow that rule.
20. Babies exposed to sign language babble using their hands the same way other babies do with their mouths.
21. Of all the languages in the world, English has the largest vocabulary of about 800, 000 words.
22. In the Canary Islands, there is a language consisting of just whistles. This language has over 4, 000 words.
23. The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford english dictionary, is Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
24. "Coke" is the 2nd most well understood word in the English language after "Okay."
25. The “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
26. A language dies every 2 weeks.
27. One of the trickiest tongue twisters in the English language is, "Sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick."
28. In the Star Wars universe, the Jawas speak an altered version of Zulu and Greedo speaks a South American language called Kechua.
29. Cryptophasia is a language that some twins formulate and can only be understood by them.
30. The longest one syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
31. French was actually the official language of England from 1066 until 1362, after the Norman conquest of England.
32. Thinking in a foreign language makes decisions more rational
33. Because the English language is so complex, every day the average person will create a sentence that has never been spoken before
34. The show Gullah Gullah Island was inspired by the Gullah people, whose language and culture originated and still thrives in the USA.
35. "E" is the most frequently used letter in the English language.
36. In 2011, 27 baby girls were named Khaleesi. It means Queen in a fictional language from Game of Thrones
37. Forty percent of twins invent their own languages which are called autonomous languages.
38. German was once the second most widely spoken language in the U.S.
39. Babies brought up in a bilingual environment have stronger working memories than those brought up with only one language.
40. 23, 000 people in India and Burma speak a language called "Anal."
41. Music lessons develops language, speech, memory, attention, and even vocal emotion.
42. "Furbish" is the official language of the Furby.
43. "American" was the official language of Illinois from 1923 until 1969.
44. "Go." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
45. The directors of Despicable Me actually wrote a language for the gibberish the minions speak throughout the film. Each word has a meaning!
46. "The" is the most spoken word in the English language.
47. Police dogs are trained to react to commands in a foreign language; commonly German but more recently Hungarian.
48. About 6, 000 major languages are used today — by 2115, only 600 will still exist.
49. "Fart" is one of the oldest words in the English language.
50. Apes have been shown using language to communicate with primate researchers for over 40 years.
51. Prairie dogs have their own language. Researchers have distinguished at least 10 different calls that mean different things
52. In 1940, cellophane polled as the third most beautiful word in the English language, behind mother and memory.
53. Sign language has many dialects that are similar to accents; the deaf can tell where a person is from based on how they sign.
54. The directors of Despicable Me created a language for the gibberish Minions speak throughout the movie called "minion eise."
55. The Pentagon spends $300, 000USD per year to study body language of Putin and other world leaders.
56. "The" is the most spoken word in the entire English language.
57. African elephants can recognize human languages, genders and ages associated with danger.
58. The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are removed.
59. The official language of England was French for over 600 years
60. People who speak two languages, may unconsciously change their personality when they switch languages.
61. There is a nearly extinct language called Ayapa Zoque only two people speak it fluently, they do not like each other and refuse to speak.
62. There are about 6, 900 languages in existence but more than half the world's population uses only 20 of them.
63. French was the official language of England for over 600 years.
64. Of all the words in the English language, the word set has the most definitions.
65. Rats can tell the difference between two human languages.
66. The longest word in the English language is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses.
67. The longest word in the English language with no vowels is Rhythms.