Published : 2014-12-21 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
25 Weird japanese facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random japanese facts.
1. There is a Japanese urban legend about a spirit who haunts public bathrooms and will ask you if you want red or blue toilet paper.
2. American Sign Language has more in common with spoken Japanese than it does with spoken English when it comes to grammar
3. During WW2, the Japanese government had a national policy to receive Jewish refugees. Even Hideki Tojo rejected Nazi protests to this policy
4. The Speechjammer is a Japanese device that stops people mid sentence when they are talking.
5. Japanese carrier All Nippon Airways has announced a five year "Star Wars Project" to create an R2 D2 themed plane.
6. Hitler made the Japanese "Honorary Aryans" and considered their history superior to his own people.
7. According to a poll, Japanese citizens don’t find Americans particularly honest or hardworking.
8. Most Japanese people return lost items and take it very seriously.
9. In 1960, Japanese Socialist Party chairman Inejiro Asanuma was assassinated during a televised debate. With a Samurai sword.
10. The average American produces 7.1 pounds of trash per day. The average Japanese? 2.5. #earthday
11. Japanese researchers have successfully developed a device that will be able to literally playback your dreams in video sequence.
12. A American dentist secretly drilled "Remember Pearl Harbor" in morse code, into the dentures of captured Japanese prime minister Hideki Tojo
13. In Japan, Ronald McDonald is called Donald McDonald due to a lack of a clear “r” sound in Japanese.
14. Luigi (of the Mario Bros.) has a name that is based upon the Japanese word "Ruigi, " which means "similar."
15. Two danish kids went on a backpack trip to japan with no plans, ended up stars in a Japanese tv show.
16. Karoke means "empty orchestra" in Japanese.
17. To describe a situation when a girl looks good from the back but actually has butter face, Japanese use a term called Bakku shan.
18. The Japanese population is so old that more adult diapers are sold each year than baby diapers.
19. There is a Japanese "Gotta Go Briefcase" that contains a portable toilet for busy businesspeople.
20. According to a Japanese poll in the year 2000, the Japanese believe that their best invention of the twentieth century was instant noodles.
21. In Japan, Ronald McDonald is called Donald McDonald due to a lack of a clear "r" sound in Japanese.
22. The Japanese passenger who survived the titanic crash was marked as a coward by his country for not dying with the other passengers.
23. Cow is a Japanese brand of shaving foam.
24. The average U.S. farm has 467 acres; the average Japanese farm has 3 acres.
25. The Japanese liquor, Mam, uses venomous snakes as one of its main engredients.