1. The NYC sized iceberg (Pine Island Glacier) about to break free will be the largest single contributor to sea level rise from Antarctica
2. The Pirate Bay tried buying their own island in hopes of making their own country with no copyright laws.
3. It is illegal to race horses on the highway in Rhode Island.
4. Norway owns an island roughly halfway between Africa and Antarctica.
5. There is an Island in the Bahamas Inhabited Only by Swimming Pigs.
6. The Pirate Bay tried buying their own island.
7. Ants have colonized almost every landmass on our planet. With the exception of Antarctica, the Arctic, and a handful of islands.
8. Mackinac Island, MI has banned motorized vehicles for over a hundred years. Most travel by horse drawn carriages or bikes.
9. In the Canary Islands, there is a language consisting of just whistles. This language has over 4, 000 words.
10. Summer nights in the Faroe Islands are so well illuminated that between May and July the lighthouses are turned off.
11. All Olympic curling stones are made of a rare type of granite that is only found on a tiny island in Scotland.
12. The Pirate Bay attempted to buy Sealand, a tiny artificial island micronation off the coast of Britain.
13. The show Gullah Gullah Island was inspired by the Gullah people, whose language and culture originated and still thrives in the USA.
14. The Philippines consist of 7, 102 islands, but only 2, 000 of them are inhabited.
15. There is an island called "Dildo Island" in Canada.
16. Taiwan has become the first country to offer free Wi Fi to all tourists through over 4, 000 hotspots all over the island.
17. Walt Disney World covers 40 square miles and is about the size of San Francisco, or two Manhattan islands.
18. There is a tiny heart shaped island in Fiji called Tavarua.
19. M 185 on Mackinaw Island in Michigan is the only highway in the US that prohibits cars. Users can travel on foot, bicycle, or horse.
20. The Philippine island of Luzon contains a lake that contains an island that contains a lake that contains another island.
21. There is a cat in a Rhode Island nursing home that was able to predict 50 patient deaths and would curl up in bed with them till they passed
22. In 2003, the Polynesian island of Niue created an all island WiFi network, creating the first nationwide, free WiFi network in the world.
23. There is a cat in a Rhode Island nursing home that was able to predict 50 patient deaths and would curl up in bed with them till
24. The Dallas/Ft. Worth airport is larger than New York City's Manhattan Island.
25. Manhattan Island of New York City was purchased for $24 from the Algonquian Indians in 1624.
26. The 'King Ranch' in Texas is bigger than the state of Rhode Island.
27. Connecticut and Rhode Island never ratified the 18th Amendment (Prohibition).
28. On some Caribbean islands, the oysters can climb trees.
29. The Canary Islands were not named after a bird called the canary. They were named after a breed of dogs.
30. The Pacific island of Nauru's economy is almost entirely based on bird droppings.
31. The Yo Yo originated as a weapon in the Philippine Islands during the sixteenth century.
32. Three Mile Island is only 2 1/2 miles long.