1. Kryptonite was invented because Supermans original voice actor wanted time off, and the only way to do this was to make ...
2. Diet Coke was only invented in 1982.
3. Thomas Jefferson invented the swivel chair and sat on the first one while writing much of the Declaration of Independence.
4. It took over 200 years after the pencil was invented for someone to invent the eraser.
5. Chocolate milk was invented in Ireland.
6. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match was invented
7. The two brothers who invented the Hot Pocket sold the company for $2.6 billion.
8. Baseball was invented in England.
9. The parachute was invented by da Vinci in 1515.
10. Before color TV was invented, a vast majority of the population used to dream in black and white.
11. Yusic is the best app invented for the iPhone 🏻🏻
12. The Malaysian phrase for the time it takes to eat a banana is "pisan zapra" and it was a measure of time used before clocks were invented.
13. Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, not China.
14. It took 220 years after the pencil was invented for someone to invent the eraser
15. 7 Up, invented in 1920, contained lithium, the drug now commonly prescribed to sufferers of bipolar disorder.
16. The word “nerd” was invented by Dr. Seuss.
17. Spiked dog collars were invented in ancient Greece and were originally designed to protect dogs throats from wolf attacks.
18. Kit Harington, who plays Jon Snow on Game Of Thrones, is a descendent of John Harington, who invented the toilet.
19. French fries were invented in Belgium
20. The words volt and voltage were named after physicist Alessandro Volta who invented the first battery
21. The dildo was invented about 15, 000 years before the wheel.
22. Jeans, thought to be invented in America, originated in 18th century Italy where Genoan sailors wore snappy outfits made from denim.
23. Häagen Dazs doesn’t actually mean anything and was invented by the founder of the company because he wanted it to sound Danish.
24. Nobody knows who invented the fire hydrant because the patent records were destroyed in a fire.
25. Jamaica invented chocolate milk.
26. Duct tape was invented in 1942 for use by the U.S. Army as a waterproof sealing tape for ammunition boxes.
27. Bagpipes are known as a Scottish instrument, but they were actually invented in Persia as early as 1000 BC.
28. Scientists have invented hydrating, hangover free beer.
29. Fredric Baur invented the Pringles can. When he passed away in 2008, his ashes were buried in one.
30. When the computer mouse was first invented, it was called the "X Y Position Indicator for a Display System."
31. Alfred Nobel, creator of the Nobel Peace Prize, invented dynamite and other deadly weapons.
32. Thomas Jefferson invented the swivel chair and sat on the first one while writing much of the Declaration of Independence
33. Chocolate milk was invented in Jamaica.
34. The generation that invented the internet, the smartphone, and the iPad all played outside as children.
35. While Jamie Lee Curtis’ primary claim to fame is her acting career, she also invented a new type of diaper in 1987.
36. The Popsicle was invented by an 11 year who kept it secret for 18 years.
37. The lighter was invented before the match.
38. The dishwasher was invented by Josephine Cochrane— a socialite who was tired of servants breaking her expensive dishes.
39. There is no historical evidence that Russians invented Russian roulette.
40. Potato chips were invented after a chef lost his temper with a customer who kept asking for his potatoes to be more fried and thinner.
41. China invented exams.
42. Peanut butter was originally invented as a source of protein for people without teeth.
43. The Chinese invented and used forks long before they invented and used chopsticks.
44. The jungle gym was originally invented to help children understand geometry.
45. The Popsicle was invented in 1905 by an 11 year old boy who left a stirring stick in his soda outside overnight and it froze.
46. Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers were all invented by women.
47. Nutella was invented during WWII, when an Italian pastry maker mixed hazelnuts into chocolate to extend his chocolate ration.
48. Hawaiian pizza was actually invented in Canada.
49. Cotton Candy was invented by a dentist.
50. Harvard University was founded before calculus was invented.
51. Lamborghini cars were invented when the Lamborghini tractor company was insulted by the creator of Ferrari.
52. For 48 years after tinned food was invented people who wanted to eat it had to use a hammer and chisel. The can opener wasn't invented until 1858.
53. James Naismith, a Canadian, invented basketball in Massachusetts in 1891. It was 21 years before it occurred to anyone to cut a hole in the bottom of the basket.
54. Baseball the name and the game was invented in England in the 1750s.
55. Leonardo da Vinci invented scissors.
56. Not limited to physics and electromagnetism, Michael Faraday also invented a simple Bunsen burner, coined terms such as electrode, cathode, anode and ion, discovered benzene and investigated the nature of chlorine.
57. An airplane mechanic invented Slinky while he was playing with engine parts and realized the possible secondary use for the springs.
58. Before toilet paper was invented, French royalty wiped their bottoms with fine linen.
59. The household wrench was invented by boxing heavyweight champion Jack Johnson in 1922.
60. Attics were invented in Attica.
61. Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, in 1918, by Charles Jung.
62. Grenades were invented in China over 1, 000 years ago.
63. India invented the Number System. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
64. Pretzels were originally invented for Christian Lent.
65. Stilts were invented by French shepherds who needed a way to get around in wet marshes.
66. The can opener was invented 48 years after the can.
67. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
68. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.