1. Insecticides are not formulated to kill spiders and are often ineffective against them since spiders are not insects.
2. FDA laws allow for an average of 30 insect fragments per 100 grams of peanut butter.
3. The blast of air you often feel when walking into a store is to prevent insects from flying in.
4. The average American consumes 1.2 pounds of spider eggs a year and eat 2.5 pounds of insect parts a year.
5. Stick insects ooze out foul smelling blood from their joints as a defense mechanism.
6. Insects often like to taste the human before they bite.
7. The blast of air you feel when walking into a store is to prevent insects from flying in.
8. Some tarantulas are known for keeping small frogs as pets — the frogs eat insects that prey upon tarantula eggs.
9. 80% of studied cultures eat insects.
10. Coca Cola kills insects.
11. Cane toads were introduced to Australia to control insects, but w/o a natural predator, their population exploded
12. There are 14 billion insects for every human on Earth.
13. Skittles contain crushed insect cocoons to make them shine.
14. By combining force of numbers with organized aggression, ants have become the greatest insect killers on Earth even of their own kind.
15. Splenda was an insecticide that became a sweetener when a lab assistant misheard an instruction to "test it" as "taste it."
16. The springtail is an insect that has a pogo stick tail.
17. Blowing a hair dryer onto an insect bite relieves the itch within seconds.
18. The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its head without moving the rest of its body.
19. The Goliath beetle, at 4 ounces, is the heaviest insect.
20. The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its head 360 degrees.
21. A human body comprises of high sulfur content, which is enough to kill every insect on a puppy or dog.
22. The principal use for nicotine other than for cigarettes is in insecticide
23. The common hoopoe is a bird that digs through animal poop to catch insects for food.
24. Black Lemurs rub millipedes on themselves so as to cover their fur with hydrogen cyanide to ward off insects.
25. At the outbreak of the Second World War, zookeepers killed all the poisonous insects and snakes in London Zoo, in case it was bombed and they escaped.
26. Biologically speaking 'bugs' are insects that suck.
27. If the 5 trillion spiders in the Netherlands took to eating humans rather than insects, they'd consume all 16.7 million Dutch people in just three days.
28. The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its head.
29. Common pesticides such as roach, termite, and flea insecticide can be found in the bodies of majority of Americans.
30. 7, 000 new insect species are discovered every year.
31. Many people in parts of China eat insects. Some common insects are bean worms, scoprions, and locusts.
32. The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.
33. The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its head.
34. There are more insects in one square mile of rural land than there are human beings in the world.