Published : 2014-12-21 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
20 Interesting indian facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random indian facts.
1. "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" was the first—and maybe the last—movie production to have an insurance policy taken out on 1, 000 rats.
2. 16 years after the trail of tears ended, the Choctaw Indians donated 170 dollars to relief for The Irish Potato Famine.
3. Some American Indians did not eat Turkey meat because they believed killing such a timid bird showed laziness
4. The term “Hoosier, ” typically used to refer to a native of the state of Indiana, is considered an insult in some regions of the USA.
5. Technically, only three U.S. states have a ban on exposed female breasts in public—Indiana, Utah, and Tennessee.
6. An Indian barber named Ramesh Babu gives his customers a decent trim for $2, but owns a Rolls Royce!
7. A modern Indian bride dumped her groom when she asked him to add 15 and 6—and he answered 17.
8. The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because engineers failed to account for the weight of all the books.
9. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom takes place before Raiders of the Lost Ark.
10. Tom Selleck was nearly cast as Indiana Jones, but had to turn down the role, opening the door for Harrison Ford in Raider of the Lost Ark.
11. “Canada” is an Indian word meaning “Big Village”.
12. Male West Indian iguanas have head butting competitions to fight over females.
13. Ancient Indians believed that doing handstands would cure baldness.
14. The Indian Ocean tsunami of 2004 killed over 216, 000 people in 14 countries.
15. An Indian airline only hires women because they are lighter, so they save up to $500, 000 per year in fuel.
16. A 47 year old Indian man started planting trees when he was 16 and now lives in his own jungle with tigers, elephants and other wild animals
17. Canada is an Indian word meaning 'Big Village'.
18. Manhattan Island of New York City was purchased for $24 from the Algonquian Indians in 1624.
19. No one has ever been able to domesticate the African elephant. Only the Indian elephant can be trained by man.
20. The word 'Indiana' is Native American for 'Land of the Indians', yet less than 16, 000 Native Americans live there.