1. Every year, India is producing twice as many engineers, scientists, and IT specialists as America.
2. "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" was the first—and maybe the last—movie production to have an insurance policy taken out on 1, 000 rats.
3. With 150, 000 post offices, India has the largest postal network in the world. However, a letter can take two weeks to travel just 30 miles.
4. 16 years after the trail of tears ended, the Choctaw Indians donated 170 dollars to relief for The Irish Potato Famine.
5. The word "thug" comes from 1350s India from the Hindi word "thag, " which means "deceiver" or "thief" or "swindler."
6. Some American Indians did not eat Turkey meat because they believed killing such a timid bird showed laziness
7. Gulabi Gang is the name of a gang of women in India, that on call, beat up abusive husbands with brooms.
8. The term “Hoosier, ” typically used to refer to a native of the state of Indiana, is considered an insult in some regions of the USA.
9. Technically, only three U.S. states have a ban on exposed female breasts in public—Indiana, Utah, and Tennessee.
10. An Indian barber named Ramesh Babu gives his customers a decent trim for $2, but owns a Rolls Royce!
11. In India, it is not uncommon to consume marijuana in milkshake form.
12. A modern Indian bride dumped her groom when she asked him to add 15 and 6—and he answered 17.
13. The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because engineers failed to account for the weight of all the books.
14. In India, there is an organization called "The Love Commandos" that protects young couples who fall in love across different castes.
15. Kissing was developed in India 3, 000 years ago and was later popularized by Romans.
16. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom takes place before Raiders of the Lost Ark.
17. There are 1 billion cattle in the world — 200, 000, 000 of those cattle are in India, where the slaughter of cows is largely illegal.
18. Tom Selleck was nearly cast as Indiana Jones, but had to turn down the role, opening the door for Harrison Ford in Raider of the Lost Ark.
19. “Canada” is an Indian word meaning “Big Village”.
20. 23, 000 people in India and Burma speak a language called "Anal."
21. One woman dies every hour in India because of dowry related crimes.
22. India’s population is expected to increase by 400 million by 2050 which will equal to the populations of the U.S. and China combined.
23. In India, over 2, 000 people have been killed after being accused of witchcraft between the years 2000 and 2012.
24. India contains as many people as the entire Western Hemisphere.
25. It would take a minimum wage worker in India six hours to earn enough money for a Big Mac.
26. Police in India get paid for having moustaches.
27. Male West Indian iguanas have head butting competitions to fight over females.
28. Ancient Indians believed that doing handstands would cure baldness.
29. Diamonds were first discovered in the riverbeds of the Golconda region of India over 4, 000 years ago.
30. There is a place called “cumbum” in India.
31. Breathing the air in Mumbai, India for one day is the equivalent of smoking 2.5 packs of cigarettes.
32. The Indian Ocean tsunami of 2004 killed over 216, 000 people in 14 countries.
33. An Indian airline only hires women because they are lighter, so they save up to $500, 000 per year in fuel.
34. A 47 year old Indian man started planting trees when he was 16 and now lives in his own jungle with tigers, elephants and other wild animals
35. The water flow of the Ganges is a state secret in India.
36. A city in India is named after Vasco da Gama, as well as three Brazilian football teams, several ships, a crater on the moon and several places in Lisbon, Portugal.
37. Canada is an Indian word meaning 'Big Village'.
38. The number of births that occur in India each year is higher than the entire population of Australia.
39. Manhattan Island of New York City was purchased for $24 from the Algonquian Indians in 1624.
40. In India, Pajamas are accepted as standard daytime wearing apparel.
41. In India, pickled ginger, minced mutton, and a cottage cheese like substance are popular pizza toppings.
42. In India, pickled ginger, minced mutton, and a cottage cheese like substance are popular pizza toppings.
43. In what country will you find the most Universities? India.
44. India has a Bill of Rights for cows.
45. India invented the Number System. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
46. India used to be the richest country in the world until the British invasion in the early 17th Century.
47. Karate actually originated in India, but was developed further in China.
48. No one has ever been able to domesticate the African elephant. Only the Indian elephant can be trained by man.
49. The word 'Indiana' is Native American for 'Land of the Indians', yet less than 16, 000 Native Americans live there.