1. If you see a statue of a man on a horse, look at the horse. If the horse has both of its front feet in the air, then the man died in battle.
2. Humans are the best long distance runners on the planet, able to beat horses (and everything else) in marathon distance races.
3. The Dominican Republic offered to take 100, 000 Jews in 1938. Only 645 made it. Everyone was given 80 acres of land, 10 cows, a mule & horse.
4. It is illegal to race horses on the highway in Rhode Island.
5. In Japan they have horse meat, cactus, charcoal, and octopus flavored ice cream.
6. The Greek name for Horse is "Hippos" and the fear of horses is also known as hippophobia.
7. The phrase "Hands down" is from 19th century horse racing, when victory was so secure that a jockey could drop the reins and still win.
8. An actual horse has a peak power output of 14.9 horsepower.
9. Sea horses mate for life, are completely faithful and travel together by holding on to each others tails.
10. A horse named Tulsy Tsan was banned from entering a race because its name, when spelled backwards, is "Nasty slut".
11. Seahorses are the only fish with a neck and the only family of animals where the male gives birth. #EvolutionFails
12. Mackinac Island, MI has banned motorized vehicles for over a hundred years. Most travel by horse drawn carriages or bikes.
13. Horses always remember the people who have treated them well.
14. The modern British Army has more horses than tanks.
15. Seahorses are the only fish that swim upright.
16. Traffic in central London moves at the same speed as horse drawn carriages a century ago.
17. Horses are known to masturbate by rubbing their genitals on posts and other objects.
18. There are very few actual “wild horses” anymore. You’re more likely to find a feral horse, one whose ancestors were domesticated.
19. About as many horses were killed on the Western Front in WWI as people (8 million).
20. Traffic in central London moves at the same speed as horse drawn carriages did in the 1800s.
21. Horses about the size of an average duck once roamed North America.
22. Seahorses give their partners a hug every morning during pregnancy.
23. Seahorses move along at about 0.01 mph, making them what scientists believe to be the slowest fish in the ocean.
24. M 185 on Mackinaw Island in Michigan is the only highway in the US that prohibits cars. Users can travel on foot, bicycle, or horse.
25. An adult eel can produce up to 600 volts, enough to stun a grown horse
26. A grizzly can outrun a horse.
27. Ostriches cannot fly but they can outrun a racehorse
28. The horseshoe crab has been around for 200 million years.
29. The slowest moving fish is the sea horse.
30. The Falabella horse is about a foot taller than ba large dog
31. Rabbits and horses cannot vomit.
32. A horse hoof is 1 enlarged toe; deer walk on 2 toes (their other toes are smaller)
33. Ostriches can run as fast as racehorses.
34. If proportional weight is taken into account, a horse is weaker than a man.
35. The Snickers bar was named after a horse called “Snickers.”
36. If you see a statue of a man on a horse, look at the horse. If the horse has both of its front feet in the air, then the man died in battle.
37. There was an animal described as “something like a cross between a horse and a gorilla” called a Chalicothere.
38. The top 8 smartest farm animals in order are 1) dog 2) pig 3) horse 4) cat 5) cow 6) sheep 7) chicken and 8) turkey
39. In 1894, The Times estimated that by 1950 London would be nine feet deep in horse manure.
40. The walrus scientific name, Odobenus rosmarus, is Latin for 'tooth walking sea horse'.
41. Racehorses can wear out new horse shoes in one race.
42. Ferrari's 'prancing horse' logo was given to Enzo by Countess Baracca, whose late World War I flying ace son Francesco had used it as his emblem. Ferrari changed its background color from white to yellow, and created an icon.
43. A full grown bear can run as fast as a horse.
44. At horse race tracks, the favorite wins fewer than 30% of the time.
45. Sandra Bullock is allergic to horses.
46. There wasn't a single pony in the Pony Express, just horses.