1. Marshmallows date back to ancient Egypt where sap from the marsh mallow plant was combined with honey and nuts to make a...
2. According to Albert Einstein if the honey bees were suddenly disappeared from the earth, humans would see an apocalypse with in 4 years.
3. Honey does not spoil. You could feasibly eat 3000 year old honey.
4. According to Albert Einstein if the honey bees were suddenly disappeared from the earth, humans would see an apocalypse with in 4 years.
5. Many ancient Egyptian pharaohs were overweight and unhealthy, likely due to a sugary diet of alcohol, bread and honey.
6. It takes 12 honeybees entire lives to create a teaspoon of honey.
7. If a queen honey bee is removed from her hive, all the bees in the hive know she’s missing within 15 minutes.
8. Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible
9. Honey Badgers will sometimes castrate larger prey and then wait for the animal to weaken from bleeding.
10. Honeymoon The brief, happy period after a marriage.
11. A honey bee must hit 2 million flowers to make 1 pound of honey.
12. Honey bees are assigned jobs by other honey bees based on their age.
13. Honey bees know the world is round and can even calculate angles.
14. Mama June (from Honey Boo Boo) was offered a porn deal where she is expected to make over a million dollars if she accepts.
15. Milhouse from The Simpsons is allergic to honey, wheat, dairy, non dairy, mistletoe, holly, the red part of candy canes, & to his own tears.
16. Honeybees have hair on their eyes.
17. Honey ants store food for the whole colony in their bodies. They grow so big they can’t even move.
18. A teaspoon of honey is actually the lifework of 12 bees.
19. Honeybees can recognize and tell the difference between human faces.
20. 1 honey bee queen rules over 20, 000–40, 000 individuals & mates w/ about 12 different males. She controls them by releasing pheromones
21. Bees have to visit 5 million flowers to make a jar of honey.
22. Honey bees know the world is round and calculate angles
23. A male honey bee ejaculates so forcefully that it dies shortly after.
24. Honeybees have hairs on their eyes to help them collect pollen
25. Honey ants store food in inflatable abdomens, and then vomit the food up to feed their colony.
26. For oily skin, mash one banana with a teaspoon of honey and a couple of drops of lemon juice. Apply to face for 10 minutes, rinse.
27. Honeybees can count, categorize similar objects like dogs or human faces, and differentiate between shapes.
28. Honey badgers can turn around in their own skin... which is a handy defense mechanism when they are attacked from behind!
29. Honey is the only food that will not rot. A jar of honey may remain edible for over 3000 years.
30. Honey is the only food that will not spoil.
31. Honey is used sometimes for antifreeze mixtures and in the center of golf balls.