1. A few of the major battle scenes in Braveheart had to be re filmed because several of the extras had on sunglasses and w...
2. Singing will exercise your heart and lungs. It also releases endorphins, making you feel good.
3. At age 13, Ashton Kutcher almost committed suicide by jumping off a hospital balcony so he could donate his heart to his dying brother.
4. A man once received a heart transplant from a suicide victim, married the donor’s widow, then killed himself via suicide 4 years later.
5. Humans can actually die from a broken heart. Elephants too.
6. Your heartbeat changes with the music you listen to.
7. Kissing is good for your heart. It helps stabilize cardiovascular activity, decreases blood pressure and decreases cholesterol.
8. Your heart is about the same size as your closed fist.
9. If you watch Titanic backwards, It is a heart warming tale of a ship which jumps out of the water & saves lots of drowning people.
10. Having at least one lazy day per week can help reduce stress, high blood pressure, stroke & heart disease.
11. 70% of U.S. elite athletes have a key heart gene variant that makes a good sprinter, while 75% of all Jamaicans have it.
12. When a fatal heart attack killed the Elvis Presley, he was sitting on a toilet and reading The Scientific Search for Jesus.
13. The Apple Watch cannot detect tattooed skin, causing it to lock and throw off heart rate readings when worn on a tattooed wrist
14. The more wives a man has, the greater his risk of heart disease, according to a new study.
15. The majority of all emojis used in France (55%) are hearts.
16. Traveling is good for you it promotes brain health and decreases your risk of heart attack and depression.
17. Start smiling! Laughter is proven to reduce stress, improve the blood flow and reduce heart problems.
18. Traveling is good for you it promotes brain health and decreases your risk of heart attack and depression.
19. Studies show that the one hour shift every spring may increase the risk of heart attacks, suicides, injuries on the job, and cyberloafing.
20. For smokers, the risk of a heart attack is 200% to 400% greater than that of nonsmokers.
21. One third of first heart attacks are fatal, and another third result in permanent damage to the heart.
22. The steam from a cup of coffee contains the same amount of antioxidants as three oranges which help prevent cancer and heart diseases.
23. Married people experience lower levels of cancer, heart disease, depression and stress than single people.
24. It is possible to die from a broken heart This condition is called Stress Cardiomyopathy
25. Your heart beats 100, 000 times a day, 35 million times a year.
26. The heart pumps 2, 000 gallons of blood through your body each day.
27. Owning a cat at home reduces the risk of heart attack by 40% and stroke by 30%.
28. When choir members sing together, their heartbeats often synchronize.
29. There is a disease called "Sudden unexpected death syndrome" where the heart of a seemingly healthy adult just stops for no reason.
30. In 2011, a straight British rugby player had a heart attack and woke up as gay and became hairdresser.
31. Feeling sleepy? Hold your breath until you cant anymore and then breathe out slowly. This will increase your heart rate
32. You are 2.5 times more likely to die of a heart attack or stroke if you’re a regular complainer of being bored.
33. Heartbreak is actually linked to the feeling of withdrawal from a drug addiction.
34. How many times did your heart beat today?
Over 100, 000 times.
35. Having a high sense of purpose in life is linked to a lower risk of stroke and heart disease.
36. 4 out of 5 firefighters in the U.S. are overweight or obese, and about half of firefighters killed in the line of duty suffer heart attacks.
37. "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination." Nelson Mandela
38. Benefits of music:
Reduce heart disease
Enhances emotional strength
Boost self esteem
39. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. For those who love with heart and soul, there is no separation!
40. Heart disease kills more people in developed countries than HIV/AIDS does in undeveloped countries.
41. The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.
42. Do you ever get like this random pain in your boob and it feels like heart attack or something.
43. A shark can detect a fish’s heartbeat before attacking and eating it.
44. Sneezing is the only thing that is capable of stopping all of the bodily functions, including the heartbeat.
45. Cuddling for 10 15 minutes each night can add 2 5 days to your life, strengthening the immune system and heart.
46. Research has found that absence really does make the heart grow fonder.
47. Bananas are known to lower the risk of heart attacks and strokes, as well as decrease your risk of getting cancer, according to the FDA.
48. Researchers have found that they can accurately predict heart disease rates by analyzing negative tweets on Twitter.
49. Studies have shown that apple cider vinegar may help lower glucose levels and blood pressure and improved heart health.
50. The human heart can be replaced with two turbines, causing a constant flow of blood rather than a pulse.
51. Seeing a horror movie on a date can cause both partners to be more interested in each other Heart racing replicates attraction.
52. No matter how many fucked up people I meet in my life, I will always have a good heart and no one will change that.
53. The squid, oyster and octopus each have three hearts.
54. A 15 to 20 minute daytime nap improves memory, increases alertness and reduces the risk of heart disease.
55. A loving hug from a special someone can be beneficial for the health of the heart.
56. “A tongue has no bones but it can break a heart.” Ed Sheeran
57. Multivitamins increase the risk of cancer and heart disease, according to recent studies.
58. Until 1999, the American Heart Association warned the public not to eat fat, suggesting instead things like soft drinks and hard candy.
59. There is a tiny heart shaped island in Fiji called Tavarua.
60. The blue whale has a heart the size of a small car and its blood vessal is so wide, that a person could swim through it.
61. FreeWavs are earbuds that are wireless, can filter your music so that you can hear oncoming traffic, and keep track of your heart rate.
62. Stress can literally break your heart. "Broken heart syndrome" occurs when the bottom of the heart balloons into the shape of a pot
63. Kate Winslet, who played Rose in Titanic, hates the song "My Heart Will Go On, " and said it makes her feel "like throwing up."
64. A turtle heart continues to beat even after separating it from the body.
65. Owning a cat can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes by more than a third.
66. According to one study, vegetarians are 19% less likely to die from heart disease.
67. When waking up, jump up quickly and the rapid movement will help rebalance any pooled blood and quicken blood flow to your brain and heart.
68. Love is good for the heart.
69. Being cynical increases the risk of heart disease and dementia.
70. The human heart is the only muscle that continuously works for a lifetime.
71. Heartbreak can literally kill you. Damage from a breakup or loss of a loved one can lead to a heart attack
72. An angry golfer once flung his club at a bench, it sprung back, pierced his heart and killed him.
73. Heartbreak is actually linked to the feeling of withdrawal from an addiction.
74. An elephant can die from a broken heart.
75. Taking cocaine increases the chance of having a heart attack within the hour by 2, 400%.
76. The Mayans would give the beating hearts of children and adults as sacrifice to their gods.
77. Five simple rules for happiness
1. Free your heart from hatred
2. Free your mind from worries
3. Live simply
4. Give more
5. Expect less
78. Why do we close our eyes when we pray, cry, kiss or dream? Because the most beautiful things in life are not seen but felt by the heart.
79. Margarine eaters have twice the rate of heart disease as butter eaters.
80. Kate Winslet, who played Rose in Titanic, dislikes "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion and has said it makes her feel "like throwing up."
81. Sleeping at least 7 hours per night prevents heart disease.
82. If a girl is stupid enough to love you after you broke her heart, I guarantee you she is the one
83. Jim Fixx, the man who popularized jogging, died from a heart attack while running.
84. Hurt a #Leo and they will forgive you but still keep it in their heart as a memory.
85. The heart shape was first used to symbolize romantic love around the year 1250. Before that, it represented foliage.
86. If a song is close to 60 beats per minute, people will start to breathe in time with the music, slow their heart rate and become relaxed.
87. Olive oil prevents heart disease.
88. The human heart pumps enough blood in a lifetime to fill three supertankers.
89. The only king without a moustache in a deck of cards is the king of hearts.
90. A blue whale's heart is the size of a Volkswagen Beetle.
91. A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute on average.
92. A killer whale's heart beats 30 times a minute under water, 60 times a minute on the surface.
93. A shrimp's heart is in its head.
94. During a typical human life span, the human heart will beat approximately 2.5 billion times.
95. How does a shark find fish? It can hear their hearts beating.
96. The heart of a mouse beats 650 times per minute.
97. The heart of an astronaut actually gets smaller when in outer space.
98. The heart pumps about 1 million barrels of blood during an average lifetime.
99. The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 ft.
100. The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card.