1. Good morning and night text messages trigger a chemical reaction in the brain associated with happiness and pleasure.
2. Psychology says that spending money on experiences, as opposed to material possessions, leads to greater happiness.
3. Happiness is a by product of the pursuit of success and meaningful goals, rather than successful accomplishments, studies suggest.
4. Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.
5. People generally compare their lives to others via Facebook which is why spending less time on Facebook can improve happiness.
6. Foods like nuts, chicken and milk all contain higher levels of tryptophan, which positively affect happiness.
7. There is scientific evidence that money can buy you happiness.
8. Spending money on others yields more happiness than spending it on yourself. A study concluded.
9. There is a 9.7% increase in happiness on Fridays compared to the most depressing day of the week, Monday.
10. Psychology states that happiness is a skill that everyone can learn.
11. Happy International Day of Happiness!
12. Over thinking corrupts the mind, destroys happiness and creates problems that never even existed in the first place.
13. As people age, they become more trusting, which is beneficial to their well being and happiness.
14. The key to happiness and success: Dream big, work hard, stay focused, and surround yourself with good people.
15. Happiness is instantly contagious; and you can easily become a happier person by simply surrounding yourself with others who are happy.
16. A mere 20 minutes of exercise, three days each week will increase your happiness by 10 to 20 percent after six months.
17. Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
18. Fake smiling causes real happiness.
19. Only 10 percent of your happiness comes from external circumstances.
20. Just 20 minutes of exercise three days a week will increase your general feeling of happiness by 10 20% after six months.
21. Dancing increases happiness.
22. The first person you think of in the morning or last person you think of in the night is either the cause of your happiness or your pain.
23. If you rely on others to make you happy, you will never be happy. Happiness is something only you are responsible for.
24. "There are two ways to spread happiness; either be the light who shines it or be the mirror who reflects it." Edith Wharton
25. The happiness in your life depends on the quality of your thoughts
26. Psychology says that comparing yourself to others is the root cause for feelings of unhappiness and depression.
27. Tigers cannot purr. To show happiness, tigers squint or close their eyes.
28. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
29. The last person on your mind before you fall asleep is either the reason for your happiness or pain.
30. The first person you think of in the morning or last person you think of in the night is either the cause of your happiness or your pain!
31. Cheating is directly linked to: lack of intelligence, insecurity, low self esteem, & an overall sense of unhappiness with one’s own life.
32. Forgiveness is the trait that is most strongly linked to happiness.
33. Your outlook on life & what you choose to do with your life accounts for 40 percent of your happiness levels.
34. Over thinking can deprive the human brain of chemicals that naturally cause happiness. This often leads to depression.
35. Apes experience dips in happiness in their middle age, much like people do.
36. The first person that you think of in the morning is either the cause of your happiness, or the cause of your pain.
37. After having your basic material needs met, additional money does not have any impact on your levels of happiness.
38. Happiness is the best revenge.
39. Your happiness has got nothing to do with the problems you face, it’s how you choose to deal with them.
40. Never blame anyone in your life. Good people bring you happiness, bad people bring you experience.
41. Psychology says, comparing yourself to others is the root cause for feelings of unhappiness, self blame and depression.
42. You are responsible for your own happiness. If you expect others to make you happy, you will always be disappointed.
43. Studies show the key to happiness is spending your money on experiences rather than possessions.
44. Over thinking ruins happiness.
45. Happiness is increased when tangible goals like "making someone smile" are made.
46. Over thinking corrupts the mind, destroys happiness and creates problems that never existed in the first place.
47. Spending money on experiences, as opposed to material possessions, leads to greater happiness.
48. Five simple rules for happiness
1. Free your heart from hatred
2. Free your mind from worries
3. Live simply
4. Give more
5. Expect less
49. Frequent small pleasures, like double lattes or pedicures, provides more happiness than infrequent large ones like sports cars or vacations.
50. Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy.
51. Your happiness depends on you, not others.
52. Over thinking changes nothing, it messes with your mind and literally steals your happiness.
53. Sometimes it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence and absence to value presence.
54. Owning a pet improves quality of life, enhances happiness and adds years to your lifespan.
55. The last person on your mind before you close your eyes at night is either the reason for your happiness or pain.
56. Dancing often increases happiness.
57. Crafting eases stress and increases happiness.
58. Eating a piece of chocolate at breakfast can help stabilize your mood and enhance happiness throughout the day.
59. Never blame anyone in your life. Good people bring you happiness, bad people being you experience.
60. While missing someone, your emotions are more likely to go from happiness to sadness instantly.