1. Getting drunk off of Purell hand sanitizer is a problem in hospitals outside the US.
2. Left handers are more prone to certain diseases, such as dyslexia, but they are also more likely to be geniuses.
3. If everyone in the world washed their hands properly, we could save more than 1 million lives a year.
4. Using a hand dryer will increase the bacteria on your hands by up to 255% because it blows out bacteria already living in the environment.
5. 12% of the British population is left handed
7. Instagram: Screenshot of a Skype session between a girl and her bf that she is definitely cheating on. Caption: "Miss this handsome guy!"
8. Cursive handwriting has already been removed from the curricula of 41 states.
9. Even though hand sanitizer kills 99.9% of germs, only .1% of germs actually make us sick
10. Just like humans have a dominant hand that they use more than the other, elephants have dominant tusks.
11. Karate was originally called "te". It was later influenced by material artists from China and called "kara te" meaning "Chinese hand"
12. Study shows that a sweaty handshake might be the start of a romantic partnership.
13. A cluster of bananas is called a hand. A single banana is called a finger.
14. The phrase "Hands down" is from 19th century horse racing, when victory was so secure that a jockey could drop the reins and still win.
15. Only 11% of the world is left handed.
16. Spiral staircases in castles were built clockwise so that defending knights had the advantage of swinging swords right handed going down.
17. In 2006 a man in Oregon hired a hitman to kill his wife. His wife ended up killing the hitman with her bare hands.
18. The modern handshake may date back to the 5th century BC, where swordsmen would shake hands to show the hand held no weapon.
19. Left handed people are more likely to experience PTSD symptoms after watching a scary film.
20. if you ever toss something up and it comes back down, THROW YA HANDS IN THE AIR CUZ THAT SHIT IS SCIENCE #Gravity
21. Barack Obama, Justin Bieber, Niall Horan, Angelina Jolie, Lady Gaga, Julia Roberts, Prince William and Tom Cruise are all Left handed
22. You can teach your ferret to blow his nose into a cloth handkerchief. That actually comes quite naturally.
23. George Washington preferred not to shake the hands of visitors. He would bow instead.
24. Women have historically been barred from cooking sushi due to a superstition that their hands are too warm.
25. Pierre Terrail (a french knight) single handedly defended a bridge against 200 Spaniards during the battle of Garigliano.
26. Drake got a tattoo of an emoji to express his faith the "person with folded hands" emoji, otherwise known as "the high five."
27. The farmers of Hanyuan, China, are forced to pollinate pear trees by hand because all the bees died off.
28. The English word “raccoon” is an adaptation of a native Powhatan word meaning “animal that scratches with its hands.”
29. In 2006 a man hired a hitman to kill his wife. His wife ended up killing the hitman with her bare hands.
30. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fell asleep at the State of the Union Address because she had a little too much wine beforehand.
31. Ants have colonized almost every landmass on our planet. With the exception of Antarctica, the Arctic, and a handful of islands.
32. In Malaysia, you can hold your hand up like a bowl and restaurant staff know to get you a bowl of rice.
33. In one Iron Man comic, Jarvis hands a resignation letter to Tony it was a real resignation letter from one of the Marvel artists.
34. Babies exposed to sign language babble using their hands the same way other babies do with their mouths.
35. Whenever a pirate stopped a merchant ship, it was not uncommon for a handful of merchant crewmen to join the pirates.
36. A handy neologism...DOPELER EFFECT: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
37. August 13th is National Left Hander’s Day.
38. By the end of the TV show “Friends, ” Joey owed Chandler about $114, 260.
39. Kids who play video games tend to have better hand eye coordination, a better memory, and better problem solving skills.
40. Never forget those who gave you a helping hand, and always remember those who didnt.!!
41. being called "my girl" or "princess" or getting forehead kisses or being held at the waist or having their hands run through your hair UGH
42. Bruce Lee was so quick that he could grab a coin out of your hand and replace it with another coin before you close your fist.
43. At a restaurant? wash your hands after ordering. The menu is generally the dirtiest thing you can touch!
44. The opposite of ambidextrous is ambisinistrous, the trait of being clumsy with both hands.
45. Sloppy medical handwriting kills more than 7, 000 people every year.
46. Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear.
47. Right handed people live on average nine years longer than left handed people.
48. After shaking hands, people unconsciously sniff their hands in order to better asses the other person.
49. At weddings, the bride normally stands to the left of the groom so that his sword hand is free to defend against other suitors.
50. The right hand is mentioned positively 100 times in the Bible, while the left hand is mentioned only 25 times, all negatively
51. Right handed people live, on average, 9 years longer than left handed people
52. Fist bumps transfer about one tenth of the bacteria that handshakes do.
53. Left handed people are more susceptible to negative emotions (like anger) and are more affected by fear.
54. Ernest Hemingway used to hunt U Boats in his fishing boat with direction finding equipment, a machine gun and hand grenades.
55. By the end of the TV show "Friends, " Joey owed Chandler about $114, 260.
56. Using a warm air dryer after washing your hands, increases bacterial count on average by 250%.
57. Left handed people process things faster than righties while playing computer games or sports.
58. Left handed people are more likely to want careers in creative fields.
59. Male pandas do a handstand while peeing to mark trees.
60. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin had to remember not to close the door on the Eagle Lunar Lander, because it had no outside door handle.
61. Ryan Gosling was cast in the movie "The Notebook" because the director was looking for someone that was "not handsome" and "not cool."
62. "When i was a kid i saw what looked to be a shadow of someones hand turn off the lightswitch. i was the only one upstairs" NJ
63. Hugging and holding hands with someone special has been proven to instantly reduce stress.
64. The average piece of currency changes hands about 55 times a year.
65. 27% of single people find it most romantic when they hold hands on a first date, according to a study.
66. Studies show that, after viewing scary movies, people feel stronger because they were able to handle it.
67. Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed people.
68. Angelina Jolie handpicked Lana Del Rey to perform the song "Once Upon a Dream" as the main theme for Maleficent.
69. Only a handful of people in the world have a condition called "super memory"
70. You can kill the Ebola virus before it enters your system by simply washing your hands with soap and water.
71. Hugging and or holding hands with the person you love has been proven to reduce stress almost instantly.
72. As of 2014, three out of the last four presidents have been left handed.
73. Violent societies have more left handed people, most likely because lefties tend to have the advantage in fights.
74. A person usually makes a lot of hand gestures when telling a true story. When telling a lie a person’s hands will stay noticeably still.
75. Adam Levine is ambidextrous. He writes and draws with his left hand but prefers his right hand for most of other activities.
76. Holding hands with someone you love can help alleviate physical pain as well as feelings of stress and fear.
77. According to a 2006 study, messy doctors handwriting accounts for over 7, 000 deaths a year.
78. In 2012, a 6 year old girl threw a temper tantrum so extreme she was handcuffed and taken to jail from her kindergarten class.
79. A cluster of bananas is called a “hand.” A single banana is called a “finger.”
80. People who hold their cell phones in their right hand are left brain dominant, and vice versa.
81. Pee can be used to soften hands and feet.
82. After WWII, the U.S. military published a handbook on how to get along with the French.
83. Left handed people have an excellent ability to multi task
84. Hand washing could save more lives worldwide than any vaccine, according to a study by the World Health Organization.
85. Hugging and or holding hands with the person you love has been proven to reduce stress almost instantly
86. Batman usually carries some kryptonite just in case Superman gets out of hand.
87. Left handed people earn less money, score lower on tests and have more emotional problems on average than right handed people.
88. A woman will own an average of 111 handbags in her lifetime.
89. Kissing is healthier than shaking hands.
90. The doctor who discovered that hand washing prevented the spread of disease was thrown in a mental institution for his crazy ideas.
91. Johnny Depp only says 169 words throughout the movie "Edward Scissorhands
92. Men would traditionally walk with a woman on his left arm, so his right hand could be free for his sword in case of a duel.
93. Speaking with your hands makes you appear confident, passionate, and knowledgeable, according to a study.
94. Archaeologists discovered skeletal remains of a Roman couple who had been holding hands for over 1, 500 years.
95. Ancient Indians believed that doing handstands would cure baldness.
96. A hand dryer can increase the amount of bacteria on your hands by up to 255%.
97. According to one study, 72% of shopping carts have poop on their handles.
98. Bruce Lee could do one handed push ups using only his index finger and his thumb.
99. A man in China once had 9, 999 red roses sewn into a dress for his girlfriend before asking for her hand in marriage.
100. Al Qaeda and other terrorists have a handbook on why brutal killings are "necessary" the Management of Savagery.