Published : 2014-12-22 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
25 Amazing habit facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random habit facts.
1. There is an Island in the Bahamas Inhabited Only by Swimming Pigs.
2. A survey found that 23% of married or cohabitating couples slept separately on a regular basis, mostly due to snoring.
3. Due to radioactivity, the area around Chernobyl will not be safe for human habitation for 20, 000 years.
4. On average, it takes 66 days to form a new habit.
5. Research has found that replacing a bad habit with a good one is easier than quitting a bad habit cold turkey.
6. Spending a large amount of time with someone literally causes you to pick up their habits. Choose your friends wisely.
7. Boys are statistically more likely to have bad habits than girls.
8. The Philippines consist of 7, 102 islands, but only 2, 000 of them are inhabited.
9. On average, it takes 66 days to form a habit.
10. Daniel Radcliffe was nicknamed "Harry Puffer" by his "Harry Potter" co stars for having the so called "20 a day cigarette habit."
11. Owls are found in all different habitats and there are different owl species found on all continents except Antarctica.
12. Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys.
13. Eating out of boredom is a habit we develop as a toddler and reinforce throughout years of life
14. A moderate jogging habit can add about three years to your life.
15. Women who bottle up their emotions are considered more likely to develop the habit of chronic over thinking and depression.
16. People who habitually stay up late are, on average, more psychopathic than early risers.
17. There is a tribe in Africa who believe Europe is the afterlife, and all its inhabitants are spirits.
18. Consuming large amounts of sugar, overeating, not sleeping enough and smoking are all brain damaging habits.
19. You can train yourself to forget memories that cause bad habits – It’s called “directed forgetting.”
20. Couples with similar drinking habits are less likely to get divorced than couples where only one spouse drinks heavily.
21. Elephants can often be aggressive. Violent behavior against humans could be retaliation for poaching and destroying elephant habitats
22. Drinking habits and smartness are directly proportional in women; the smarter they are, the bigger drinkers they ought to be.
23. Pubic lice are going extinct because their natural habitats are being destroyed.
24. Pretending not to care is the habit of someone who generally cares the most. Known as an emotional defense mechanism.
25. There is one slot machine in Las Vegas for every eight inhabitants.