1. In 1997, Yahoo turned down the offer to acquire Google for only $1 million. Today Google is worth $250 billion.
2. Google makes around $929 per second.
3. On August 16th 2013, Google went down for a total of 4 minutes “ In that time global web traffic dropped by 40%.
5. Google has plans to design an ingestible pill that detects the presence of malignant cells and other signs of disease.
6. When Google launched Android O.S, Steve Jobs thought Google was guilty of grand theft and said he would go thermonuclear war with them.
7. A Frenchmen has sued Google for putting his picture in the Google Street View app while he was urinating in his front yard.
8. If you search "CEO" in Google Images, the first female CEO that pops up (after rows and rows of men) is "CEO Barbie."
9. The green Versace dress Jennifer Lopez wore to the 2000 Grammy Awards sparked the creation of Google Images.
10. Google tried to sell itself for $1 million in 1999
11. Google has found GPAs & test scores to be "worthless as criteria for hiring"
12. New Google employees are called “nooglers” and are given a propeller beanie hat to wear on their first Friday.
13. Scientists have treated a man they believe to be the first patient with internet addiction disorder brought on by overuse of Google Glass.
14. Google will now let you use a USB security key to verify yourself instead of having a code sent to your phone.
15. Google has altered its search engine to demote sites offering illegal media downloads.
16. 30% of Google’s employees are women.
17. If a website is blocked on your work/school internet, you can use Google translate as a proxy. Just copy/paste the URL into it
18. Netflix has been around longer than Google.
19. If you search for 241543903 in Google images, you will find a lot of pictures of people with their heads in the freezer.
20. Google was fined £400, 000 in France for making Google Maps free.
21. If you search for "atari breakout" in Google Images, you can play the game.
22. When shopping online, Google the promo codes before making a purchase. You can get anything, from free shipping to 25% off.
23. You can use Google as a timer by typing "Set timer (x) minutes" into the search bar.
24. A man from Google is working on technology that could let humans live to be 500 years old.
25. When you’re finished with an essay, copy and paste it into Google Translate and listen to it. It’s the easiest way to find mistakes.
26. According to the Economist, the top 2012 Google searches worldwide were Whitney Houston and Gangnam Style.
27. Respect your elders. They made it through High School without Google or Wikipedia.
28. Google has to be a woman... It starts suggesting things before you can even finish your sentence
29. If a website is blocked on your work/school internet, you can use Google translate as a proxy. Just copy/paste the URL into it.
30. Google is giving a $20 million prize to any private team that can land on the Moon by December 31st, 2016.
31. At Googleplex, gay and lesbian employees are called "Gayglers."
32. Every minute, 2 million searches are performed on Google.
33. According to its website, Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and “make it universally accessible and useful.”
34. Google has acquired an average of one company every week since 2010.
35. The Mexican Drug Cartels made a combined estimate of $29 billion dollars in 2010 about the same as Google.
36. Google intends to scan all known existing 130 million unique books by the end of the decade.
37. Google has found that GPAs and test scores are “worthless as a criteria for hiring.”
38. 92% people type things into 'Google' to see if they spelled them correctly
39. 92% people type things into ”Google” to see if they spelled them correctly.
40. On average, Google has been acquiring 1 company a week since 2010.
41. 92% people type things into 'Google' to see if they spelled them correctly.
42. When the weather changes, people google global warming.
43. 15% of searches on Google each day have never been searched before.
44. If you Google the words "zerg rush", Google will eat the search page.
45. Every day, 16% of the searches that occur are ones that Google has never seen before.
46. If you search for "askew" in Google, the window and search results will tilt slightly to the right.
47. You can see underwater sea life and coral reefs using Google Maps.
48. Google takes over 200 factors into account before delivering you the best results to any query in a fraction of a second.
49. If you use Google Chat on Gmail, try this easter egg: type "hahahaha", "lmao" or "lolololol"
50. If you search for "elgooG" on Google, it will take you to a Google website that is completely backwards.
51. You can use Google as a flight tracker, include airline and flight number and it will pop up where the flight is.
52. Android users: after purchasing an app from Google Play, you can try it out for 15 minutes and "return" it for a refund.
53. Justin Bieber is googled more than "Jesus"
54. If you Google the word "gay, " a rainbow will appear around your ears.
55. The search engine Google got its name from the word 'googol', which refers to the number one with a hundred zeros after it.