Published : 2014-12-23 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
22 Cool genetic facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random genetic facts.
1. Blue eyes are the result of an ancient genetic mutation.
2. Dimples may be cute, but they are an inherited genetic flaw.
3. Humans are 80% genetically identical to cows.
4. Being lazy is genetic.
5. You can tell twins apart by looking at their belly buttons, which are scars and not determined by genetics.
6. The offspring of two sets of identical twins are legally cousins but genetically siblings.
7. According to a study, genetic influences on autism are estimated to be 74 98%.
8. Being a good leader is 30% genetic.
9. Only humans have genetic "dark matter" that scientists may believe is an unidentified living organism.
10. The tendency to be pessimistic and negative is a genetic trait similar to hair and eye color. Some people are just born to be pessimistic.
11. The offspring of identical twins are legally cousins but genetically siblings.
12. Some women have "super vision" they can see 100 million colors instead of the 1 million most of us can see due to a genetic mutation.
13. If twin boys had children with twin girls, the offspring would all genetically be siblings.
14. Dimples may be cute, but they are an inherited genetic flaw caused by a fibrous band of tissue that connects the skin to an underlying bone.
15. If two identical twin women were to marry identical twin men, their children would genetically be siblings.
16. Animals fed genetically engineered foods have suffered organ damage, tumors, birth defects, premature death and sterility.
17. Genetically engineered kids that have 3 parents have been made possible by scientists.
18. "Munchkin cats" are cats with a genetic abnormality causing them to have unusually short legs.
19. Being a bad driver is partially a genetic trait.
20. The estimated 45 million turkeys that many Americans eat on Thanksgiving are genetically distinct from their wild turkey ancestors.
21. All Humans Are 99.9% Genetically Identical and 98.4% of human genes are the same as the genes of a chimpanzee.
22. All Humans Are 99.9% Genetically Identical and 98.4% of human genes are the same as the genes of a chimpanzee.