1. Because of the rotation of the earth, an object can be thrown farther if it is thrown west.
2. According to Albert Einstein if the honey bees were suddenly disappeared from the earth, humans would see an apocalypse with in 4 years.
3. If you drilled a tunnel straight through the Earth and jumped in, it would take you about 42 minutes to get to the other side.
4. So far, man has survived on earth for 2 million years. The dinosaurs lasted 150 million years.
5. Because the earth is slowing down, today is about 0.00000002 seconds longer than yesterday.
6. The total weight of all the ants on Earth is about the same as the weight of all the humans on Earth.
7. There is still a group of people who believes that the Earth is flat. They are called the Flat Earth Society
8. Drunk When you have to hold on to the grass to keep from falling off the earth.
9. Mt. Everest shrank one inch due to the earthquake in Nepal.
10. In June 1999, Bhutan became the last nation on earth to introduce TV—an unprecedented crime wave followed.
11. During its construction, the Great Wall of China was called the longest cemetery on earth because 1 million people died building it.
12. If every ice sheet and glacier on Earth melted, global sea levels would rise by 260 feet—London and L.A. would be underwater.
13. If the Earth was the size of a basketball, all of its water would fit into a ping pong ball.
14. 63 Earths could fit inside of Uranus.
15. If the whole world lived like Americans, we would need 5 Earths just to sustain the population.
16. Coffee is the second most traded commodity on Earth after oil.
17. If the supervolcano under Yellowstone Park erupted, Earth would face years of volcanic winter (ash blocking the sun)
18. Harvard scientists say that an ancient earth may exist within our earth.
19. Two out of three people who live on Earth drive on the right side of the road.
20. Only about .003 percent of the water on Earth can be used by humans.
21. If your definition of "famous" is "notable enough to have a Wikipedia page, " then one out of every 10, 000 people on Earth today are famous.
22. By 2050, the average Earthling will be consuming 3, 070 calories a day, yet the average person requires only 2, 000 calories.
23. According to Albert Einstein if the honey bees were suddenly disappeared from the earth, humans would see an apocalypse with in 4 years.
24. Sagittarius B, an interstellar cloud 26, 000 light years from Earth, contains a billion billion billion litres of alcohol.
25. Except for identical twins, every person on Earth has a unique smell.
26. Genghis Khan killed enough people to cool the earth, 40 million people were killed and vast areas of farmland were reclaimed by forests.
27. Every minute, enough sunlight hits the surface of the earth to power the world for an entire year.
28. An average dust particle is the halfway point between the size of the Earth and the size of a proton.
29. Russian scientists in Siberia dug a hole 2.7 miles into the earth and claim to have discovered hell.
30. are your arms Disney World because being in them is the happiest place on earth...
31. 99% of all species that have ever existed on Earth are now extinct.
32. According to NASA, Las Vegas is the brightest city on Earth.
33. The light hitting the earth right now is thousand of years old.
34. Everything in the universe moves relative to everything else. The sun is no more fixed in space than the earth is.
35. There is a water vapor cloud in space which has 100 trillion times the amount of water present on Earth.
36. Each day, 4.5 pounds of sunlight strike the earth.
37. Earths helium supplies will run out by 2030, party balloons could cost about $100 each in the future.
38. If you drilled a tunnel straight through the Earth and jumped in, it would take you about 42 minutes to get to the other side.
39. A bubble made of all the water on Earth would have a volume of 332, 500, 000 cubic miles and be about 860 miles in diameter.
40. The average American produces 7.1 pounds of trash per day. The average Japanese? 2.5. #earthday
41. The Moon is now about 18 times further away from Earth than when it was formed 4.5 billion years ago.
42. For every three million people on Earth, there is one billionaire.
43. After six months on the International Space Station, astronauts are .0007 seconds younger than people on Earth.
44. One day on the Moon lasts 29 Earth days.
45. It would take a snail nearly 4, 575 years to circle Earth.
46. Some of the shooting stars we can see from Earth are actually astronaut poop burning up in the atmosphere.
47. If Superman punched you, he would make a crater in the earth that was 1 kilometer (.6 miles) wide and 221 meters (725 feet) deep.
48. No government has ever officially formed a plan in case aliens make contact with Earth.
49. Earth is worth about $7 quadrillion when accounting for all of its resources.
50. Earth, Texas is the only place on Earth named "Earth."
51. It has been calculated that every year, Earth becomes 110 million pounds lighter.
52. In 1992, the Vatican finally admitted Galileo was right about the Earth revolving around the Sun.
53. South Sudan is the newest country on Earth.
54. Since the beginning of its lifecycle, the Sun has burned 100 Earths worth of fuel.
55. There are more ways to shuffle a deck of cards than there are atoms on Earth.
56. More people have "died" inside the Halo Games than have ever died in real life on Earth.
57. Nearly one in five firearms on Earth is an AK 47.
58. It was calculated that the total weight of all the ants on Earth is almost equivalent to the total weight of humans.
59. Ants can sense earthquakes a day in advanc either by picking up changing gas emissions or noting tiny changes in the Earth’s magnetic field
60. A pineapple fruitcake made it to space and back to Earth safely and now it is kept in the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.
61. Every planet in our solar system could fit between Earth and the Moon.
62. Four planet Earths would be required to sustain the levels of consumption in the US alone.
63. Subway makes enough sandwiches in a year to wrap around the Earth 14 times.
64. Cockroaches raised in space become quicker, stronger, faster, and tougher than cockroaches on Earth.
65. The humans on Earth are carried around the Sun at a mean velocity of 66, 600 mph.
66. It would take approximately 3, 155, 524, 416 Cheerios to circle the Earth at the equator.
67. In a billion years, Earth could collide with Mars or Mercury.
68. An estimated 50 80% of all life on Earth is found in the ocean.
69. You can see 4 galaxies from Earth with the naked eye, the Milky Way, Andromeda, and the Small and Large Magellanic Clouds
70. The earth would be seven football fields away from the sun if it was shrunk to the size of a tennis ball.
71. There are more atoms in a single glass of water than glasses of water in all the oceans on Earth.
72. Fossil evidence suggests that fish have been on Earth for about 400 million years.
73. All of the planets in our solar system could fit in the distance between the Earth and the Moon.
74. Many scientists believe that Earth is in the midst of its sixth mass extinction, and that it was caused entirely by humans.
75. Approximately 100 billion people have lived on earth.
76. Before trees were common, the earth was covered in giant mushrooms.
77. There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand on the earth.
78. Earth worms are hermaphrodites.
79. About 108 billion people have lived on earth.
80. Our galaxy probably contains at least 2 billion planets like Earth.
81. There are 62 pieces of Lego for every person on Earth.
82. Each day, up to 4 billion meteoroids fall to Earth.
83. Someone who weighs 150 pounds on Earth would weigh a whopping 354 pounds on Jupiter.
84. If the Earth experienced a solar storm today, it would disable every electrical system, leaving people in the dark for months.
85. On August 19th, 2014, the state of Oklahoma was rocked by 20 earthquakes in one day.
86. The sun is 400 times larger than the moon but is also 400 times farther from Earth, making the two bodies appear the same size in the sky.
87. Less than 1% of what the world spent on weapons is all that was needed to put every child on Earth in school by the year 2000.
88. 1 million earths could fit into the sun.
89. There are 14 billion insects for every human on Earth.
90. By combining force of numbers with organized aggression, ants have become the greatest insect killers on Earth even of their own kind.
91. There is currently about 1 cow for every 5 people on Earth.
92. Oxygen is toxic to living cells. When oxygen first appeared on Earth, it wiped out nearly 99% of all life.
93. Between 10 and 20 volcanoes are erupting somewhere on Earth every day.
94. The moon is actually egg shaped it looks perfectly round because the large end is pointed towards Earth.
95. There is a diamond floating in our galaxy that is bigger than Earth.
96. If all of the volcanoes on Earth erupted, the effects on the planet would be more devastating than a nuclear winter.
97. The sun will expand into a red giant larger than Earth’s orbit in 7.6 billion years.
98. At some point, you will be the next person on Earth to die.
99. Astronomers say there are at least 8.8 billion planets with a similar size and temperature as Earth in our galaxy alone.
100. Bill Gates could give $15 dollars to every human being on Earth and still have $15 million for his pocket money