1. Windows 95 was the second most installed piece of software on computers in 1995; videogame DOOM was first.
2. The first woman to earn a PhD in Computer Science in the United States also earned a Masters in Math & Physics. She was a Catholic nun.
3. A 15 year old hacked NASA computers and caused a 21 day shutdown of their computers. Oh, and he hacked the Pentagon too.
4. A 2004 study found that 70% of people would give away their computer passwords when bribed with chocolate.
5. You are 3 times more likely to get a computer virus from accessing a religious website than a porn website.
6. It is predicted that you will be able to download your thoughts and memories from your brain onto a backup computer by 2050.
7. The original programmers of the original supercomputer in 1946 were all women.
8. Microsoft is a combination of the words "microcomputer" and "software, " and the name was originally spelled as "Micro soft."
9. People generally read 25% slower on a computer screen in comparison with a printed page, according to a study.
10. The average computer user spends more time touching their computer keyboard than their spouse or partner
11. Left handed people process things faster than righties while playing computer games or sports.
12. Forgot an assignment and need to email it? Change the date on your computer system and send it.
13. An Israeli computer scientist created an algorithm that predicts the future based on articles and tweets on the Internet.
14. If you use Spotify on your computer, put "spotify:app:visualizer" in the search box and an interactive visualizer will appear.
15. When the computer mouse was first invented, it was called the "X Y Position Indicator for a Display System."
16. 64% of U.S. journalists believe their email, computer, and texts, are being spied on by the Obama Administration.
17. At any given second, the space bar on a computer or phone keyboard is being pressed 6 million times.
18. Using a computer — typing, scrolling, and moving the mouse — burns about 20 more calories than doing nothing.
19. For hundreds of years, “Computer” was a job title for a person who did math problems all day.
20. Dell computers was started in 1984 by a 19 year old with only $1000.
21. Taylor Swift first picked up a guitar, aged ten, when a computer repair man showed her how to play three chords.
22. Scientists have created a mind controlled computer.
23. Cyberphobia is the fear of computers.
24. The most powerful supercomputer in production will cost $2, 400 per hour to run at it’s peak.
25. In 2010, the US Air Force built a supercomputer out of 1700 Playstation 3s.
26. The Apple Lisa (1983) was the first successful computer with a graphical user interface (GUI) and a mouse. It cost $10, 000.
27. The voice actor of SpongeBob is married to the voice actor of Plankton’s computer wife (Karen) in real life.
28. The UK spent the equivalent of $15.8 billion USD in a health service computer system that failed and was shut down in 2013.
29. You are 3 times more likely to get a computer virus from accessing a church website than a porn website.
30. Steve Jobs never wrote a single line of computer code for Apple.
31. A study suggests that having a voice and a name is all it takes for a computer to gain your trust.
32. Some futurists predict humans will be able to upload their minds to computers by 2045.
33. More gold is recoverable from a tonne of personal computers than from 17 tonnes of gold ore.
34. Bill Gates' house was designed using a Macintosh computer.