Published : 2014-12-20 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
23 Awesome code facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random code facts.
1. New York is area code 212 and LA is 213 and Chicago 312 because the largest cities got the quickÂest numÂbers to dial on a rotary phone.
2. The creator of NBA Jam hated the Chicago Bulls so much he coded it so that they would miss last second shots against the Detroit Pistons
3. QR codes have been popping up in cemeteries. When you scan a code on a gravestone, you can read an obituary and see photos of the deceased.
4. Google will now let you use a USB security key to verify yourself instead of having a code sent to your phone.
5. When shopping online, Google the promo codes before making a purchase. You can get anything, from free shipping to 25% off.
6. 1. Enter code: 432112311 into a vending machine. 2. Quickly press & hold the coin return button. 3. Change will fall into the tray
7. A American dentist secretly drilled "Remember Pearl Harbor" in morse code, into the dentures of captured Japanese prime minister Hideki Tojo
8. With the promo code "9ANY" you can get any pizza you want at Pizza Hut for $9.
9. American Civil War soldiers had a code of honor that forbade shooting at men while they were pooping.
10. In the early 1970s, the code used by the U.S. Air Force to launch nuclear missiles was 00000000.
11. President Jimmy Carter once sent a jacket to the cleaner’s with the nuclear detonation codes still in the pocket.
12. When the iPhone was in development it was code named "Project Purple."
13. Best friends tend to have secret code names for people they dislike.
14. Steve Jobs never wrote a single line of computer code for Apple.
15. The dialing code for Russia is 007.
16. The US tax code is four times as long as the complete works of Shakespeare.
17. The world's population spends 500, 000 hours a day typing Internet security codes.
18. 20252 is Smokey the Bear's own zip code.
19. Even Antarctica has an area code. It's 672.
20. Radio code Wilco (as in Roger Wilco) is short for Will Comply.
21. The distress code 'Mayday' comes from the French for help me, M'Aide.
22. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum.
23. The Zip Code 12345 is assigned to General Electric in Schenectady, New York.