Published : 2014-12-20 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
22 Awesome church facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random church facts.
1. Got so high I thought my friends were trying to kill me. They drove me to the church and read me the bible until I calmed down Lansing MI
2. The term “devil’s advocate” was originally the church official appointed to argue against a candidate for sainthood.
3. People in Churchill, Canada leave their car doors unlocked on the street to allow other people to get in and escape bear attacks.
4. African American men were not considered equal members of the Mormon church until 1978 because they were thought to be the sons of Cain.
5. In 2010, the Catholic Church had an income of $97 billion.
6. A gay rights activist bought a house across the street from the Westboro Baptist Church and painted it to look like a gay pride flag.
7. "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." Winston Churchill
8. People in Churchhill, Manitoba(Canada), never lock their car doors in case anyone has to escape polar bears.
9. It is illegal to lock your car doors in downtown Churchill, Manitoba in case someone needs to escape from a polar bear.
10. Residents of Churchill, Canada leave their cars unlocked to offer an escape for pedestrians who might encounter Polar Bears on Main Street.
11. The Catholic Church is the largest non governmental provider of health services in the world.
12. Members of Westboro Baptist Church have been specifically banned from entering Canada for hate speech.
13. After the "Scientology" episode of South Park, the church started stalking the creators of the show to obtain blackmail.
14. The first season of True Detective was based on the true story of a satanic, child molesting church in Louisiana 10 years ago.
15. The Westboro Baptist Church recently announced plans to protest the funeral of Robin Williams after deeming him gay friendly.
16. Adults who go to church at least once a week are 4 times more likely to be virgins than those who visit less often.
17. The Church of Scientology runs a child labor camp in Australia.
18. You are 3 times more likely to get a computer virus from accessing a church website than a porn website.
19. Young Mussolini liked to pinch people at church to make them cry.
20. In his first year at Harrow, Winston Churchill was bottom of the whole school.
21. Churchill's secret bunker was in Neasden. It was so horrible he only went there once.
22. Winston Churchill wrote 3 books, saw 4 wars on 4 continents and was elected to the House of Commons all by the age of 26.