1. There are more chickens than people in the world.
2. Scientists concluded that the chicken came first not the egg: because the protein which makes egg shells is only produced by hens.
3. McDonalds Chicken Nuggets are 43% chicken.
4. Chickens are the closest living relatives of the T Rex.
5. A group of chickens is called a brood or peep.
6. Foods like nuts, chicken and milk all contain higher levels of tryptophan, which positively affect happiness.
7. Technically, “Why did the chicken cross the road?” is not a joke, it’s an anti joke. It’s funny because it’s deliberately not funny.
8. After her boyfriend dumped her, a woman in China ate chicken at a KFC for an entire week to mourn.
9. Chicken tenders are short for Chicken Tenderloins.
10. The largest item on any menu in the world is camel stuffed with lamb stuffed with chickens stuffed with fish stuffed with eggs.
11. "Hey bill, which one CAME first, the chicken or the egg??"
Me: "your girl"
12. A chicken named Mike lived for 18 months after his head was cut off.
13. In Japan, Christmas Eve is a time to eat strawberry shortcake and fried chicken
14. Costco sells about 60, 000, 000 rotisserie chickens every year.
15. PETA tries to dissuade people from eating eggs by referring to them as "chicken periods."
16. If we cooked every living chicken in the world, the chicken would fill enough KFC 16 piece buckets to stack to the moon and back 3 times.
17. Kevin Hart once had a piece of chicken thrown at him during one of his early stand up shows.
18. "Numbing Spicy Chicken" is what people in China call Nicki Minaj.
19. For his last meal, serial killer John Wayne Gacy had a dozen shrimp, a bucket of chicken from KFC, fries, and a pound of strawberries.
20. KFC released a "Double Down Dog" in the Philippines — a hot dog with a fried chicken bun, topped with cheese sauce.
21. Chickens are the closest living relative to the tyrannosaurus rex.
22. KFC Japan has created a fried chicken keyboard, mouse, and USB drive.
23. Velociraptors were feathered, weighed less than a human three year old, and looked like little, long tailed chickens.
24. Romans sometimes roasted chicken stuffed inside a duck stuffed inside a goose stuffed inside a pig stuffed inside a cow.
25. The US has about 9 billion chickens. China has more than 13 billion.
26. Some chickens are half male, half female.
27. Chickens can see daylight 45 minutes before humans can
28. Chickens outnumber humans 3:1.
29. A typical supermarket chicken today contains more than twice the fat, and about a third less protein than 40 years ago.
30. More than 50 billion chickens are killed for food every year.
31. Chicken nuggets are only 50% chicken.
32. The most yolks ever found in one chicken egg is nine.
33. Chickens outnumber humans 3 to 1.
34. The top 8 smartest farm animals in order are 1) dog 2) pig 3) horse 4) cat 5) cow 6) sheep 7) chicken and 8) turkey
35. A chicken named Mike lived for a year and a half without his head.
36. One punishment for an adulterous wife in medieval France was to make her chase a chicken through town naked.
37. A chicken will lay bigger and stronger eggs if you change the lighting in such a way as to make them think a day is 28 hours long.
38. Some breeds of chickens lay colored eggs.
39. The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds.