1. After checking your Facebook notifications, or Twitter timelines, it takes the brain 15 minutes to return to serious mental tasks
2. The two oldest cats on record lived to 38 and 34 years old. Both had the same owner & lived off a diet of bacon, eggs, broccoli and coffee.
3. A study suggests that keeping cats can increase chances of developing mental illnesses, and cause suicidal behavior in females.
4. Jay Z, Busta Rhymes, DMX, and Notorious B.I.G were all schoolmates in George Westinghouse Career and Technical Education High School.
5. The C.I.A. once spent $20 million USD training cats to spy on the Soviets, but the 1st spy cat was hit by a taxi.
6. Every night after closing, Disneyland releases 200 cats into the park to help keep the rodent population under control.
7. Costa Rica abolished their military and instead spends that money on education and culture.
8. Best friends may have the ability to telepathically communicate through their thoughts
9. I love it when I catch you looking at me, then you smile and look away.
10. Summer vacation was established for city kids whose parents moved the family to the suburbs to escape the heat.
11. “Dedication makes champions out of people.”
12. Naked mole rats are immune to cancer because of a cell defense mechanism, that stops a cell from replicating.
13. Volkswagen owns Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT, Skoda, Ducati, MAN, and Scania.
14. Cats are one of the only animals to domesticate themselves and approached humans on their own terms
15. About 80% of all cats are infected with Toxoplasma gondii, a parasite that can cause depression, anxiety, and schizophrenia in humans.
16. The pitch and tone of a hyena’s laugh can give an indication of its age and social status, scientists claim.
17. The cat who played Mr. Bigglesworth in the Austin Powers movies is actually named Ted Nude gent.
18. The two oldest cats on record lived to 38 and 34 years old. Both had the same owner
19. A total of 81 girls were named Cheetara after she was added to the "ThunderCats" line up in 1985.
20. Cats spend 75% of their lives sleeping.
21. Subway has 10, 000 more locations than McDonald’s worldwide.
22. Self deprecating humor increases the perceived attractiveness of high status people, but can make low status people seem less attractive.
23. The first woman to earn a PhD in Computer Science in the United States also earned a Masters in Math & Physics. She was a Catholic nun.
24. Petting a cat can help lower blood pressure, not just for humans, but for the cat also.
25. Educated people still considered witches a real threat well into the 18th century.
26. Psychology says that girls who trust their fathers to tend to have better communication and longer relationships with their boyfriends.
27. When an intoxicated person is blabbering, 60% of whatever he/she says is true.
28. King Tut had his own personal nose picker whom he hired for the low price of three head of cattle, food and lodging.
29. The least used category of emoji are the “reading materials”—the book, the pile of books, the newspapers.
30. A fish can drown in water. Like humans, fish need oxygen, so if there isn’t enough oxygen in the water, they will suffocate.
31. Even dogs can catch a yawn from humans.
32. To make friends with an unfamiliar cat, blink and look away when you catch his eyes.
33. Cats are believed to be responsible for the extinction of several species of animals.
34. The two oldest cats on record lived to 38 and 34 years old. Both had the same owner & lived off a diet of bacon, eggs, broccoli and coffee.
35. In 2009, a man in Florida accused his cat for downloading child pornography.
36. The sun is white and only appears yellow to us due to atmospheric scattering of blue light
37. Cats �Headbutt� people because they make them feel safe, or they trust them.
38. A cat named Tama is a manager at a railway station in Japan, a job which pays her in cat food. During her tenure ridership has increased 10%
39. In Switzerland, it is still legal to eat dog and cat meat, and some Swiss people still eat it regularly.
40. Ketchup and catsup are the same thing—Heinz called his product ketchup to help it stand out from his competitors who were peddling catsup.
41. There have been two known fatalities of people suffocating on marshmallows while playing Chubby Bunny.
42. When a cat passed away in Ancient Egypt, every member of its household would shave their eyebrows off in mourning.
43. Dogs have developed bigger brains than cats because highly social species of mammals need more brainpower than solitary animals.
44. The North Magnetic Pole, once located over Canada, is now in the Arctic Ocean and is slowly moving towards Russia.
45. Disney copies many of their own dance scenes in several movies including Snow White, Robin Hood, The Aristocats, and The Jungle Book.
46. Hyenas aren’t actually dogs. They are more closely related to cats.
47. You cannot catch the flu from a flu shot.
48. Every year, as many as 20% of Americans get sick with the flu, which can cause serious, even lethal complications.
49. Sylvester the Cat has won 3 Academy Awards.
50. Stephen Colbert is a practicing Roman Catholic and teaches sunday school.
51. There is an iPhone film festival dedicated to movies made on iPhones.
52. Netflix has over 76, 000 categories, including “Imaginative Time Travel Movies from the 1980s" and “Cool Moustaches."
53. 50% of college educated Millennials are okay with hookups, compared to only a third of those with a high school degree, a survey found.
54. Every 8 minutes, a child in the United States is given the wrong medication on the part of their parents or caregivers.
55. Owning a cat at home reduces the risk of heart attack by 40% and stroke by 30%.
56. A study suggests that keeping cats can increase chances of developing mental illnesses and cause suicidal behavior in women.
57. Cats were mythic symbols of divinity in ancient Egypt.
58. Good dancing is indicative of superior health and reproductive potential, which is why people are attracted to talented dancers.
59. A female Gorilla named Koko was taught sign language, once she requested a pet cat as present on her birthday.
60. A group of cats is called a clowder.
61. Sad but true, the CIA once spent $20 million training cats to spy on the Soviets, but the first spy cat was hit by a taxi and died.
62. King James I of England kept 11 lions, 2 leopards, 3 eagles, 2 owls, 2 mountain cats and a jackal in the tower of London.
63. The term “devil’s advocate” was originally the church official appointed to argue against a candidate for sainthood.
64. American Airlines could save $352, 154 in yearly fuel costs by flying without Sky Mall catalogs weighing down its planes.
65. When a family cat died in ancient Egypt, family members would shave off their eyebrows as they mourned.
66. There is a dating app that caters to the rich by weeding out the poor.
67. It takes 12 15 dogs to make a dog fur coat and up to 24 cats to make a cat fur coat.
68. Adult cats do not meow to communicate with each other. They only meow to communicate with humans and purr to those that they love.
69. About 600 patients catch fire during surgery every year.
70. In Assassin’s Creed 3, every victim as well as the time and location of their death were inspired by real life events.
71. In 2009 Florida man accused his cat for downloading child pornography.
72. In 2010, the Catholic Church had an income of $97 billion.
73. 7 UP was created in 1929. 7 was selected because the original containers were 7 ounces, UP indicated the direction of the bubbles.
74. Jay Z, Busta Rhymes, DMX, and Notorious B.I.G were all schoolmates in George Westinghouse Career and Technical Education High School.
75. A paleoscatologist is an archeologist who studies ancient poop
76. The more educated a woman is, the more likely she is to be a heavy drinker.
77. Women who vacation more than once a year have less depression as well as greater relationship satisfaction.
78. There are cats who have survived falls from over 32 stories.
79. Istanbul, Turkey is the only city in the world located on two continents
80. Elephants can also purr, just like cats and no one knows why.
81. Dog owners spend more on a date and are more willing to have a one night stand than cat owners, who are more aloof in relationships.
82. The CIA once spent $20 million on a cat equipped with gear to spy on the Soviets, but it was hit by a taxi and died.
83. Laughter helps increase memory and learning. Incorporating humor into education leads to higher test scores.
84. According to the Arab League Educational Organization, 1 in 3 people in the Arab world are illiterate, including almost 50% of all women.
85. The US Air Force lost a nuclear bomb near the US East Coast. To this day, the location of the bomb is still unknown.
86. The leech has 32 brains. One is located in each segmentation of the body.
87. There is a theater in Russia where all the actors are cats
88. Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey decimal category.
89. Research has shown that domestic cats never forgive—they fail to show outward signs of reconciliation like other animals do.
90. To help them communicate better, couples were given ecstasy during marriage counseling in 1970s.
91. Catholics can reduce their time in purgatory by following the Pope of Twitter, according to the Vatican.
92. Domestic cats purr at about 26 cycles per second, which is around the same frequency as an idling diesel engine.
93. There are 1 billion cattle in the world — 200, 000, 000 of those cattle are in India, where the slaughter of cows is largely illegal.
94. When you stop chasing the wrong things, you let the right things catch up to you.
95. "WAS IT A CAR OR A CAT I SAW" is the only complete English sentence that, when read in reverse, will be the same.
96. Grumpy Cat earned more than Gwyneth Paltrow in 2014.
97. A cat can independently rotate its ears 180 degrees.
98. Many butterflies can taste with feet to find out whether the leaf they sit on is good to lay eggs on to be their caterpillars food or not.
99. You can get $100 off any vacation package from Delta Airlines if you book that trip during your birthday month.
100. Men who are single, educated, and wealthy drink the most of any people group.