Published : 2014-12-20 (over 3 years Ago) - Last updated over 2 years Ago
28 Fun butter facts
Enjoy these fun, incredible, interesting, awesome and random butter facts.
1. Butter was the first food product allowed by law to have artificial coloring. It is completely white in its natural state.
2. Under extreme high pressure, diamonds can be made from peanut butter.
3. When you see someone you�re interested in, what feels like butterflies in your stomach is actually a stress response caused by adrenaline.
4. Humans can theoretically survive on a diet entirely composed of nothing but potatoes and butter.
5. By the time most Americans are 18, they have eaten about 1, 500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
6. Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
7. Iceland was one called "Butterland" because the grass was so rich it seemed to drip butter.
8. Buttercup (The Powerpuff Girl) and Tommy from the Rugrats were voiced by the same person.
9. FDA laws allow for an average of 30 insect fragments per 100 grams of peanut butter.
10. Many butterflies can taste with feet to find out whether the leaf they sit on is good to lay eggs on to be their caterpillars food or not.
11. Scientists have created a "Peanut Butter Jellyfish" by feeding jellyfish saltwater mixed with peanut butter.
12. Rubbing peanut butter on a stubbed toe acts as a painkiller, due to the oil in the peanuts.
13. Butterflies can remember things that they learned as caterpillars.
14. There are 1, 218 peanuts in a single 28oz jar of Jif peanut butter.
15. There is a “second brain” in our stomachs that is neurologically active and responsible for feelings like “butterflies in the stomach.”
16. To describe a situation when a girl looks good from the back but actually has butter face, Japanese use a term called Bakku shan.
17. The melting point of cocoa butter is just below the human body temperature which is why it literally melts in your mouth.
18. For a butterfly to fly it must have a body temperature of no less than 86 degrees fahrenheit or 30 degrees celsius.
19. Peanut butter was originally invented as a source of protein for people without teeth.
20. The original name for the butterfly was flutterby!
21. Margarine eaters have twice the rate of heart disease as butter eaters.
22. With high enough pressure, peanut butter can be turned into diamonds.
23. Resting moths hold their wings horizontally. Resting butterflies fold their wings vertically.
24. Buttermilk does not contain any butter.
25. Butterflies taste with their feet.
26. Real diamonds can be made from peanut butter.
27. The average child will eat 1, 500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by the he/she graduates from high school.
28. The original name for the butterfly was 'flutterby'.