1. Since 2012, 900 workers have died building the infrastructure for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar— around 4, 000 workers may die to complete it.
2. During its construction, the Great Wall of China was called the longest cemetery on earth because 1 million people died building it.
3. Studies have shown that people who have a fear of heights perceive buildings to be much taller than they actually are.
4. 300 workers, 18, 038 pieces of wrought iron and 2.5 million rivets were needed to build the Eiffel Tower.
5. The drug cartels are capturing technicians and making them build a private cell phone network.
6. "Oil" is the favorite word of people building online dating profiles in the U.S. states of Texas, Oklahoma, and North Dakota.
7. A rat can fall from a 5 story building without injuries.
8. Superman was originally incapable of flying in the 1940s; hence the phrase "Able to LEAP tall buildings in a single bound."
9. There is a dog shaped building in New Zealand.
10. When consumers help build a product, they value the product more. This is called the "IKEA" effect.
11. The Pentagon was constructed so that no point in the building is more than a 10 minute walk from any other point in the building.
12. The Golden State Fence Company was hired to build a part of the US Mexico border wall, and fined $5M for hiring illegal immigrant workers.
13. The Empire State Building makes more money from tickets sales for its observation decks than it does from renting office space.
14. Music has been known to build an emotional bond between people, so singing in a group actually brings you closer together.
15. Death Star from Star Wars would cost about $852, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 if humans try to build it in real world.
16. Iceland is building a temple to worship Odin, Thor, and other Norse gods, and the religion already has 2, 500 adherents.
17. When you make a commitment, you build hope. When you keep it, you build trust.
18. The purpose of religion is not to build beautiful temples but to cultivate positive human qualities such as tolerance, generosity and love.
19. Dancing has been proven to build confidence and release stress.
20. Termites have wings that they shed once they have found a good place to build a nest.
21. My sister laughed at me when I said I was going to build a car out of spaghetti. You should have seen her face as I drove pasta.
22. Using iTunes to build nuclear weapons is against their terms of service.
23. You would need to build a column of around 40 billion LEGO bricks if you wanted to reach the moon.
24. China is building massive cities just to keep builders busy and generate growth. The result are ghost metropolis.
25. The Empire State building gets hit by lightning about 25 times per year.
26. Widening and building roads actually adds traffic — an increase in roads leads to an increase of cars on those roads.
27. There are only 40 Lego Master Builders in the world that are payed by Lego to build sculptures.
28. Using iTunes to build nuclear weapons is against the terms of service.
29. You can’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do. Henry Ford
30. If caught in a burning building, get low. The breathable air will be near the floor.
31. A high GPA looks good on paper, but networking and building friendships is what gets you a job.
32. The tallest building in the state of Vermont is only 11 stories (124 feet) tall.
33. It takes at least 7 years to build and maintain a friendship that can possibly last a lifetime.
34. Weaver birds build the bird versions of apartment complexes with as many as 100 separate nests in them.
35. Popcorn is by far the healthiest snack. It builds bone, muscle, tissue, aids digestion, and is good for the teeth.
36. There are more than 10 million bricks in the Empire State Building.
37. Approximately 25, 000 workers died during the building of the Panama Canal, and approximately 20, 000 of them contracted malaria and yellow fever.
38. There are 365 steps on the front of the U.S. Capitol Building one for every day of the year.
39. A rat can fall from a five story building without injury.
40. Chrysler built B 29's that bombed Japan, Mitsubishi built Zeros that tried to shoot them down. Both companies now build cars in a joint plant called Diamond Star.
41. It takes six months to build a Rolls Royce... and 13 hours to build a Toyota.
42. It took 20, 000 men 22 years to build the Taj Mahal.
43. Mailing an entire building has been illegal in the U.S. since 1916 when a man mailed a 40, 000 ton brick house across Utah to avoid high freight rates.
44. One percent of Greenland's population lives in a single apartment building.