1. The human brain is only capable of maintaining 150 stable relationships.
2. After checking your Facebook notifications, or Twitter timelines, it takes the brain 15 minutes to return to serious mental tasks
3. The brain uses more than 25% of the oxygen used by the human body.
4. You can always see your nose, but your brain has the ability to ignore it.
5. The storage capacity of a human brain exceeds 4 terrabytes
6. Intelligent people are more likely to have a harder time falling asleep due to increased brain stimulation.
7. The chills experienced when listening to music is your brain releasing dopamine in anticipation of the peak moment during the song.
8. After checking your email or Twitter timelines, it takes about 15 minutes for the brain to return to serious mental tasks.
9. When you are ignored by a person whose attention means the most to you, the reaction in your brain will be similar to physical pain.
10. Good morning and night text messages trigger a chemical reaction in the brain associated with happiness and pleasure.
11. Skipping breakfast can cause you to gain weight because it tricks your brain into thinking you want higher calorie foods later in the day.
12. Deja Vu occurs when your brain tries to apply a memory of a past situation to your current one, fails, and makes you feel like its happened.
13. Being able to respond with sarcasm to a stupid question within seconds is literally a sign of a healthy brain.
14. Psychologist George Stratton in the 1890s wore glasses that made him see upside down. After 5 days his brain adapted & t...
15. Pinky and the Brain originated as a series of segments on the cartoon, Animaniacs, before being spun off to its own show.
16. The act of kissing releases oxytocin in the brain, a hormone that strengthens the emotional bond between 2 people.
17. The brain is more active at night than it is during the day.
18. Our brains have a negativity bias and will remember negative memories more than good ones. This helps us to better protect ourselves.
19. Recent studies have shown a 4 second awkward silence pause in conversation creates feelings of rejection in the brain.
20. Your brain uses one fifth of a calorie per minute.
21. Complaining online can release chemicals in your brain and body, that help you counteract stress and feel better.
22. Being called " Baby " has a positive effect on the female brain, causing instant mental stimulation & stress relief.
23. Research shows, that the exact time our brain takes when retrieving a memory is 0.0004 seconds.
24. There are three things the human brain cannot resist noticing They are food, attractive people and danger.
25. The human brain can only stay focused on one task or person for 7 10 minutes before they lose our attention.
26. In 1991, a brain dead woman was kept on life support and later had a healthy baby.
27. It only takes 6 minutes for brain cells to react to alcohol.
28. A new study suggests that prolonged exposure to air pollution may shrink the human brain.
29. When you hear ringing inside your ears, It’s your brain trying to repair itself... And failing.
30. By practicing a lot, you can train your brain to read and write at the same time.
31. Traveling is good for you it promotes brain health and decreases your risk of heart attack and depression.
32. Research shows that more regions of the brain are active while it wanders than during engagement in a task.
33. Traveling is good for you it promotes brain health and decreases your risk of heart attack and depression.
34. Your brain burns 20% of your daily calories, despite only being 2% of your body mass.
35. Half of your genes describe the design of your brain, with the other half detailing the organization of the other 98% of your body.
36. There are virtually no differences in brain anatomy between people with autism and those without.
37. Iran has one of the largest rates of "brain drain" in the world. Up to 180, 000 specialists and academic elite leave the country every year.
38. Listening to music frequently will decrease your risk of a brain tumor over the course of your life.
39. Research has shown that studying in different places gives the brain a variety of visual cues that will help you recall what you learned.
40. There is a protein in the human body named after Pikachu. It transmits electrical impulses from the eyes to the brain.
41. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
42. Humans gave the brain its name. Therefore, theoretically, the human brain named itself.
43. Music is one of the few activities in life that utilizes the entire brain
44. Cocaine that is smoked gets to the brain in as little as 8 seconds, while cocaine that is snorted will take about 10 minutes.
45. Cuddling before bed helps the brain to relax.
46. Dogs have developed bigger brains than cats because highly social species of mammals need more brainpower than solitary animals.
47. The act of blinking suppresses activity in several areas of the brain responsible for detecting environmental changes.
48. People with higher intelligence have a harder time falling asleep at night due to increased brain activity.
49. Salty and spicy snacks can be used as antidepressants. The pleasure centers in your brain make you crave them more.
50. The human brain will learn any word it hears 160 times in 14 minutes.
51. Smiling, even in a bad mood, can immediately improve your mood because these muscles are enough to trigger happy chemicals in the brain.
52. It is predicted that you will be able to download your thoughts and memories from your brain onto a backup computer by 2050.
53. Too much stress literally causes the human brain to freeze and shut down temporarily.
54. Music is so influential on the brain that the type you listen to actually has the ability to change the way you think and look at the world.
55. The female brain is much more adept at reading the subtle facial and verbal emotional expressions.
56. The average human brain is 80% water.
57. Research has found that the areas of the brain that are connected to physical pain are activated when a person feels socially awkward.
58. Eating chocolate while studying helps the brain retain new information easily and is directly linked to high test scores
59. The effect love has on your brain is similar to drug addiction, especially cocaine, heroine and meth.
60. "Addicted to love" is a real condition beacuse the feeling of being madly in love and sniffing cocaine is felt in the same area of the brain
61. After checking your email or Twitter timelines, it takes about 15 minutes for the brain to return to serious mental tasks.
62. You only use 35% of your brain when you are thinking hard.
63. Quitting junk foods actually produces changes in the brain similar to withdrawal from additive drugs
64. When ignored by that person whose attention means the most to you, the reaction in your brain is similar to physical pain.
65. The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having a brain, gives me hope for our next generation.
66. A woman who had a phantom itch so persistent and severe in her scalp, she scratched through her skull while she slept, damaging her brain.
67. Weight gain causes a person’s brain to lose control of behavioral inhibition, which causes them to eat more.
68. You see yourself as 5 times more attractive in the mirror than you really are, thanks to your brain.
69. When you are ignored by a person whose attention means the most to you, the reaction in your brain will be similar to physical pain.
70. The leech has 32 brains. One is located in each segmentation of the body.
71. Alcohol does NOT kill brain cells.
72. The chills experienced when listening to music is your brain releasing dopamine in anticipation of the peak moment during the song.
73. Your brain uses between 20 25% of the oxygen your breathe
74. The human brain is much more active at night than during the day.
75. Eating chocolate and or ice cream has the same effect on the brain as when listening to music you relate to.
76. The human brain can only stay focused on one task or person for 8 10 minutes before they lose our attention.
77. The human brain stops growing at age 18.
78. Although the Stegosaurus dinosaur was over 9 yards long, its brain was only the size of a walnut.
79. Solitary confinement can cause brain damage so profound that it is comparable to a traumatic head injury.
80. Swear words are processed in a separate part of the brain from regular speech and they actually reduce pain.
81. Your brain uses between 20 25% of the oxygen your breathe.
82. Long ago, wisdom teeth served a purpose. As human brains grew our jawbone structure changed, leaving us with very overcrowded mouths.
83. The smell of gasoline triggers the region of the brain associated with pleasure which is why so many people enjoy it.
84. Sarcasm enables the human brain to remain healthy and efficient in terms of problem solving
85. When you’re ignored by someone whose attention means the most to you, the reaction in the brain is similar to physical pain.
86. Hugs that last over 20 seconds release a chemical in your brain called Oxytocin that makes you trust someone more
87. A company called Neurowear is developing headphones that read your brainwaves and select music based on your state of mind.
88. Bacon affects the brain the same way as cocaine and heroin, overloading pleasure centers in the brain
89. Eating chocolate makes you happy because it contains phenylephylamine the same hormone the brain triggers when you fall in love.
90. Attempting to solve math equations triggers the same region of the brain responsible for reacting to extremely fearful situations.
91. People tend to perform better on their own at coming up with new ideas than in a brainstorming group.
92. A sleeping human brain can still understand the words being spoken around it.
93. Smiling, even in a bad mood, will immediately improve your mood. Using these muscles is enough to trigger happy chemicals in the brain.
94. Our brains have a negativity bias and will remember bad memories more than good ones.
95. Psychology says that the more attractive a woman is, the more impaired the brains of surrounding males become.
96. Scientists have used stem cells to grow a tiny brain in a lab.
97. Your brain consumes 20% of the body’s energy.
98. Pee shy? Start multiplying random numbers in your head. The same part of the brain controls both tasks and will help you get it started.
99. Manatees have the lowest brain to body ratio of any mammal.
100. Psychology says that too much stress literally causes the human brain to freeze and shut down temporarily.