1. One Sesame Street FCC complaint filed on January 25, 2011, said simply, “Big birds offend me.”
2. The creator of Flappy Bird has announced that he will be taking the game down tomorrow. He says it is ruining his life.
3. Flappy Birds made the Vietnamese creator $50, 000 daily, but he removed the app from the App Store because he said it is ruining his life.
4. A hummingbird nest is generally only a couple of centimeters in diameter – about the size of a half walnut shell.
5. Some American Indians did not eat Turkey meat because they believed killing such a timid bird showed laziness
6. About 2% of the population are considered “sleepless elite” which means they are night owls and early birds simultaneously.
7. Scientists have begun to study vultures’ unique senses and abilities and are considering using the birds to help find bodies from crimes.
8. The film "Birdman" was shot in only 30 days.
9. Michael Keaton said it took him about 27 seconds to decide to be in "Birdman."
10. A hummingbird egg weighs as much as a paper clip.
11. Hummingbirds have such a high metabolism that they are continuously hours away from starving to death.
12. Hummingbirds have 2, 000 meals a day and hibernate every night.
13. Digit smash has the potential to be addicting like flappy bird or better for sure haha
14. A hummingbird nest is generally only a couple of centimeters in diameter about the size of a half walnut shell.
15. Before filming "Birdman, " Michael Keaton played Batman, Edward Norton played the Hulk, and Emma Stone played Gwen Stacy — comic book roles.
16. Drug lord Pablo Escobar had his own personal zoo that consisted of giraffes, ostriches, antelopes, exotic birds, and four hippos.
17. Baby birds raised by humans are often unable to sing as adults.
18. Hummingbirds can beat their wings up to 100 times per second
19. When hummingbirds dive, their bodies twerk faster than any other vertebrate on the planet.
20. Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird of the United States.
21. Hummingbirds consume half of their weight in food daily.
22. Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly BACKWARDS.
23. Touching an egg or baby bird will not cause it to be rejected by its mother.
24. Flappy Bird is actually the swimming level on Super Mario.
25. The hummingbird is the only animal that can fly backwards.
26. Dolphins have been observed harassing animals, for example, by dragging birds underwater without showing any intent to eat them.
27. Dot up is really the new flappy bird
28. THE GAME DOT UP IS THE NEW FLAPPY BIRD.
29. Avocados are poisonous to birds, cats, dogs, rabbits, and basically ALL pets.
30. A bird "chews" with its stomach.
31. Owls are the only birds who can see the colour blue.
32. Pigs are made enemies in Angry Birds because swine flu was riding high when the game was being developed.
33. Kirtland’s warbler is a type of bird that relies on forest fires to survive.
34. 5, 000 red winged blackbirds mysteriously died all at once on New Years in Arkansas.
35. Captured tiger sharks have been found with snakes, birds and even tires, license plates, and tin cans in their stomachs.
36. 50 birds were found dead on a residential street in Sweden, with no visible injuries.
37. “Raptor” actually means a bird of prey.
38. An estimated one BILLION birds die each year in the U.S. from smashing into windows. (There are 5 20 billion birds total.)
39. The serval is a type of wildcat that can jump 10 feet up in the air to catch birds!
40. Wilson’s storm petrels are birds that breed in Antarctica who migrate all the way to North America in the summer.
41. Birds that consume alcohol slur their songs, much like a human would slur their speech.
42. 500 blackbirds inexplicably fell from the sky over a ¼ mile stretch of road in Louisiana on Jan. 3.
43. Small animals such as flies and hummingbirds experience time in slow motion, which is why they can avoid your newspaper swats.
44. Birds are the only surviving members of the dinosaur family.
45. You can bake your own playable Angry Birds cake.
46. Some birds have been know to put ants into their feathers because the ants squirt formic acid, which kills parasites.
47. The Secretary bird uses its long legs to kick its prey.
48. The smallest bird in the world is the Hummingbird. It weighs 1oz.
49. Weaver birds build the bird versions of apartment complexes with as many as 100 separate nests in them.
50. The African white backed vulture lacks feathers on its long neck. This helps the bird dig deep into a carcass without getting soiled.
51. The peregrine falcon is one of the fastest birds in the world and can be found on every continent, except Antarctica.
52. Some bird couple sing duets!
53. The Pelagic Cormorant is a bird that dives as deep as 100 feet underwater to find food.
54. Tiny snails hide in the mud on the feet of birds to catch a free ride!
55. The penguin is the only bird that can swim, but not fly.
56. Birds will attempt to fly through any window larger than 4 inches wide by 2 inches high. Think about that.
57. There is a species of bird, Antpitta avis canis Ridgley, that barks like a dog.
58. Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards
59. The common cuckoo replaces eggs from other birds’ nests with their own, tricking other birds into raising their offspring.
60. Owls are the only bird that can see the color blue.
61. 75% of wild birds die before they are 6 months old.
62. The common hoopoe is a bird that digs through animal poop to catch insects for food.
63. Golden orb weaver spiders can catch birds in their webs.
64. About 2% of the population are considered "sleepless elite" which means they are night owls and early birds simultaneously.
65. Some bird couples sing duets!
66. The European Shag is a bird that communicates through grunts and clicks.
67. Most birds of prey hunt during the daytime, unlike owls.
68. If all the Birds Eye waffles sold in a year were stacked up, they would be 474 times higher than Mount Everest.
69. Owls are the only birds who can see the color blue.
70. Benjamin Franklin preferred the American national bird to be the turkey, rather than the bald eagle.
71. A bird 'chews' with its stomach.
72. Bluebirds cannot see the color blue.
73. Gloucestershire airport in England used to blast Tina Turner songs on the runways to scare birds away.
74. Hummingbirds can weigh less than a penny.
75. Over 10, 000 birds a year die from smashing into windows.
76. Owls are one of the only birds who can see the color blue.
77. The Canary Islands were not named after a bird called the canary. They were named after a breed of dogs.
78. The Pacific island of Nauru's economy is almost entirely based on bird droppings.
79. The penguin is the only bird that can swim, but cannot fly.
80. The Wild Turkey is the only bird with a beard.