1. Squinting helps you see because it focuses the light coming into your eyeball directly on the fovea, which is responsible for seeing detail.
2. Astronauts cant cry in space because of the weightless environment. The tears just collect in little balls and sting your eyes.
3. Baseball was invented in England.
4. A study found that basketball players shooting free throws are unaffected by the crowd, while baseball pitchers perform worse when booed.
5. If the Earth was the size of a basketball, all of its water would fit into a ping pong ball.
6. 1/4 of Americans think god helps decide the outcome of football games.
7. A U.S. Senator spoke before the Senate, claiming that he had persuasive evidence climate change was a hoax—and brought out a snowball.
8. In 1989, Deion Sanders hit a homerun in Major League Baseball and scored a touchdown in the NFL in the same week.
9. Pinball Machines were illegal in New York City during 35 years around the same time as prohibition which led to "Pinball Speakeasies."
10. The average lifespan of a pointe shoe for the dancers in the New York City Ballet is 2 days, with 8, 500 shoes used in a season.
11. In the Civil War, Lincoln established hot air balloon corps.
12. Chef hats are tall and ballooned at the top because this design allows air to circulate around the scalp and keep cool in kitchens
13. Boba tea is so named for the large tapioca balls found in the tea—"Boba" is Cantonese slang for "large breasts."
14. Bob Marley was buried with his Gibson guitar, a soccer ball, a bible and a marijuana bud.
15. Space Jam was the highest grossing basketball movie of all time.
16. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
17. Earths helium supplies will run out by 2030, party balloons could cost about $100 each in the future.
18. In Italy, it is illegal to insult a man by saying he has "no balls."
19. Spilling a full drink you just paid for is the adult equivalent of letting go of a balloon.
20. Nothing says "My balls are kept in a jar inside her purse" quite like a joint Facebook account.
21. You can make a bruise disappear by putting a cotton ball soaked in vinegar on it.
22. Inhaling helium from a balloon can kill you.
23. Blow some air in when filling up water balloons. It will make it so it pops when hitting someone instead of just bouncing off.
24. Stuffed Kangaroo scrotums are used as a football by few Australian Aborigine clans.
25. Baller Thug that "made it" big time. Originally refered ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player
26. When you watch football, your brain is mirroring the actions of the on screen athletes, giving you a self esteem boost.
27. It takes 3, 000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year’s supply of footballs.
28. Our Basketball league doesn’t have a shot clock, so we held the ball against our rival for 4 quarters and won 6 3. They were pissed. OHS
29. A popular street food in Japan is fried octopus balls.
30. The earth would be seven football fields away from the sun if it was shrunk to the size of a tennis ball.
31. Led Zeppelin got their name from a fellow musician, who said their band would go down like a "lead balloon."
32. Lions, tigers, and pumas rarely suffer from hairballs since their diet includes a fair amount of grass, as well as the bones of their prey.
33. More Frisbees have been sold than footballs, baseballs and basketballs combined
34. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team and went home to cry in his room.
35. Bill Murray likes to play kickball and karaoke with random people.
36. A baseball player only needs to spend one day in the major leagues to earn free healthcare for life.
37. Football player Ronaldinho lost a $750, 000 deal with Coca Cola because he took a sip from a Pepsi.
38. In one breath, a blue whale can blow up 2, 000 balloons.
39. Your eyeballs stay the same size from birth to death.
40. A 2009 search for the Loch Ness Monster came up empty. Scientists did find over 100, 000 golf balls.
41. A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first animals to fly in a hot air balloon.
42. The very first game of basketball was played with a soccer ball and two peach baskets for the hoops.
43. Pufferfish are poor swimmers but can quickly ingest tons of water to turn themselves into an inedible ball several times their normal size
44. The most popular sport in the world is football (soccer in the U.S.).
45. Stress can literally break your heart. "Broken heart syndrome" occurs when the bottom of the heart balloons into the shape of a pot
46. Michael Jordan, retired from basketball since 2003, made more money in 2013 than his NBA salary for any year during his playing career.
47. The South Park song "Chocolate Salty Balls" reached number one one the UK Singles Chart.
48. A flea can jump 350 times its body length which is equivalent of a human jumping the length of a football field.
49. McNuggets come in four different shapes and each one has a name Boot, Ball, Bone and Bell.
50. North Korea has an autographed basketball from Michael Jordan given to Kim Jong Il.
51. Cats cough up about 180 hairballs during their lifetime
52. 1 in 4 Americans think God helps decide the outcome of football games.
53. The average 3 hour baseball game contains only 18 minutes of game action.
54. In baseball, second base is the easiest base to steal, because the catcher must throw a farther distance.
55. If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and the Earth would be as small as a pea.
56. Our Basketball Coach is a math teacher who thinks he has come up with the equation to never miss a basket. Please send help. JGH
57. There is a type of monkey that has blue balls. The bluer they are, the higher ranking the monkey is.
58. The longest baseball game in history lasted for two days.
59. On average, football players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
60. Ball lightning is a "ball of fire" that lasts for a few seconds in the sky and is very rare.
61. Our coach verbally abused us during practice, so at the next game we only took half court shots. He got fired 2 days later. Anonymous
62. Russian voters used to have a box on their ballots to vote for “against all”.
63. Owls swallow their prey whole b/c they have no teeth. After 12hrs they cough up feathers, bones, and fur in the shape of a football pellet.
64. A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first passengers in a hot air balloon.
65. Charlie Sheen once bought 2, 600 seats at a baseball game so he could catch a home run ball.
66. If an atom were the size of the Solar System, a neutrino would be the size of a golf ball.
67. More than 1 in 20 football injuries are caused by celebrating goals on the pitch.
68. As it grows, sweetcorn makes a squeaking noise like two balloons rubbing against each other.
69. James Naismith, a Canadian, invented basketball in Massachusetts in 1891. It was 21 years before it occurred to anyone to cut a hole in the bottom of the basket.
70. 'Soccer' is not an Americanism, It's short for 'Association Football' and was popularized by Charles Wreford Brown, captain of the English national team 1894 5.
71. Baseball the name and the game was invented in England in the 1750s.
72. IKEA is the world's 3rd largest user of wood and sells 2 billion Swedish meatballs a year.
73. Cranberries are sorted for ripeness by bouncing them; a fully ripened cranberry can be dribbled like a basketball.
74. So that's how they cheat a microwaved baseball will fly farther than a frozen baseball.
75. Basketball great Wilt Chamberlain never fouled out of a game.
76. In 1910 football teams were penalised 15 yards for an incompleted forward pass.
77. Rugby is known for the use of oval shaped balls. However, this hasn't always been the case. Initially, the balls were plum shaped due to the shape of pigs' bladders that they were made from.
78. A tennis ball is only in play for about 20 minutes of an average two and a half hour tennis match.
79. A city in India is named after Vasco da Gama, as well as three Brazilian football teams, several ships, a crater on the moon and several places in Lisbon, Portugal.
80. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team his sophomore year.
81. A ball of glass will bounce higher than a ball made of rubber.
82. All major league baseball umpires must wear black underwear while on the job.
83. Basketball great Wilt Chamberlain never fouled out of a game.
84. Honey is used sometimes for antifreeze mixtures and in the center of golf balls.
85. It takes 3, 000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of footballs.
86. People in nudist colonies play volleyball more than any other sport.
87. The average life span of a major league baseball is 5 7 pitches.
88. The ball on top of a flagpole is called a 'truck'.
89. The first baseball caps were made of straw.
90. The flea can jump 350 times its body length, that is like a human jumping the length of a football field.
91. The practice of identifying baseball players by number was started by the Yankees in 1929.
92. There are three golf balls sitting on the moon.
93. To burn off one plain M&M candy, you need to walk the full length of a football field.
94. To escape the grip of a crocodile's jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs. It will let you go instantly.
95. When pitched, the average Major League baseball rotates 15 times before being hit.