1. The minimum wage is Australia is $16.33 USD per hour.
2. The minimum wage in Australia is $16.87 USD per hour.
3. In 2013, a feral pig in Australia stole 18 beers from a campsite, got drunk, and then tried to fight a cow.
4. There were over 10 million koalas before British settlers arrived in Australia; now, there are around 43, 000 in the wild.
5. Australians have the highest rate of gambling in the world.
6. In Australian slang, a "pash rash" is red, irritated skin that is the result of a make out session with someone with a beard.
7. In 2006 an Australian attempted to sell New Zealand on eBay.
8. The minimum wage in Australia is $16.33 USD per hour.
9. A woman in Australia faced a 14 year jail sentence for carrying pepper spray.
10. Australian scientists have worked out how to kill malaria inside human cells at any life stage.
11. 1 in 20 Australians are millionaires.
12. A 96 year old lady from Australia knitted over 1000 tiny sweaters for penguins to protect them from oil spills.
13. There is a lake in Australia where the water is naturally pink.
14. The term "selfie" was allegedly coined during 2002 in Australia.
15. Sweden is the largest spender on ketchup. $4 per capita. Australia is second at $2.50
16. Australia moves toward Asia at a rate of 3 inches per year.
17. Stuffed Kangaroo scrotums are used as a football by few Australian Aborigine clans.
18. Melbourne, Australia has an 8 p.m. curfew for cats.
19. Australian koalas are in danger of extinction because over half of them have chlamydia.
20. You can order emu and crocodile pizza in Australia.
21. In Australia, there are ten times more camels than koalas.
22. Saudi Arabia imports many of their camels from Australia.
23. Cane toads were introduced to Australia to control insects, but w/o a natural predator, their population exploded
24. The minimum wage is Australia is $15.96/hr ($16.33 USD)
25. The oldest known ages for a fish was an Australian lungfish. It was alive and well at 65 years old.
26. Saudi Arabia imports camels and sand from Australia.
27. In Australia, "Black Friday" refers to a series of bushfires that wiped out whole towns and killed 71 people.
28. $16 is the minimum wage in Australia.
29. Dogs in Australia will lick toads to get high.
30. Australia attempted to control the feral rabbit population with a virus in 1950 it killed 500 million rabbits in 2 years.
31. The Church of Scientology runs a child labor camp in Australia.
32. Australia has more than 10, 000 beaches. If you visited one per day, it would take you more than 27 years to visit them all!
33. Australia’s blue tongue skinks are lizards that give birth to live young instead of laying eggs.
34. There are spiders big enough to eat snakes in Australia.
35. There is a mountain in Australia named Mt. Disappointment because the explorers were unimpressed with the view from the top.
36. In 2011 researchers let 100 paper planes go 23 miles above Germany. Some have since been found in Canada, USA, Australia and South Africa.
37. In 2010, an Australian mother brought her premature son back to life with hugging and cuddling him for 2 hrs after doctors declared him dead
38. Pancakes are commonly served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Australia.
39. The number of births that occur in India each year is higher than the entire population of Australia.
40. 'Jedi' is an official religion, with over 70, 000 followers, in Australia.
41. A fire in Australia has been burning for more than 5, 000 years.
42. A species of earthworm in Australia grows up to 10 feet in length.
43. Australia's Great Barrier Reef is 1, 250 miles long.
44. Houdini was the first man to fly a plane solo in Australia.
45. In Australia, Burger King is called Hungry Jack's.
46. The Australian $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 notes are made out of plastic.