1. Nearly one third of Americans believe animals should have the same rights as people, a recent Gallup poll found.
2. When you drink a glass of water, it has already been drunk by other people and animals, possibly several times over.
3. RT if u got fired from your last job because you skipped too many days to watch national geographic shows about animals lol aye shit happens
4. Cats are one of the only animals to domesticate themselves and approached humans on their own terms
5. 70% of the grain grown in the U.S. is fed to farmed animals, and it takes up to 13 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of meat.
6. The real Christopher Robin, actually owned the stuffed animals that inspired the Winnie the Pooh characters.
7. Animal Planet aired a fake documentary about the existence of mermaids that convinced thousand of viewers. Twice.
8. Martha Stewart has said that she has a special language she speaks when talking to animals.
9. Cats are believed to be responsible for the extinction of several species of animals.
10. Over 56 billion animals are killed each year.
11. A Komodo dragon can taste another animal from over two miles away.
12. If humans died out, it would still take a few hundred years for animals to bounce back to the numbers they were at before we evolved.
13. Human cadavers that end up in the ocean will be picked clean by marine animals if there are high oxygen levels in the water.
14. In New York, there is a new regulation that makes it legal for pet owners to be buried with their deceased animals in pet cemeteries.
15. Dogs have developed bigger brains than cats because highly social species of mammals need more brainpower than solitary animals.
16. The actor who played the farmer in the movie "Babe" decided to go vegan after working closely with the "extraordinary animals" in the film.
17. Each gorilla family has a silverback as leader who scares away other animals by standing on their back legs and beating their chest.
18. Seahorses are the only fish with a neck and the only family of animals where the male gives birth. #EvolutionFails
19. The English word “raccoon” is an adaptation of a native Powhatan word meaning “animal that scratches with its hands.”
20. Some scientists believe dolphins should be treated as non human "people" with their rights to life. Unlike many animals, they are self aware
21. Humans are killing 1, 776 animals for food every second.
22. Scientists say that animals avoid high voltage power lines because of flashing UV light that is undetectable to humans.
23. Alex the African grey parrot was the first and only non human animal to ask an existential question.
24. There is a company that will fly you in a helicopter and allow you to use machine guns to kill animals from the air while they run.
25. Dogs make apartment searching hard. Pay $65 and you can register your dog as an "Emotional Support Animal." No landlord can refuse you.
26. Research has shown that domestic cats never forgive—they fail to show outward signs of reconciliation like other animals do.
27. 56 billion farm animals are killed every year.
28. An animal breeding experts were sent to Africa by Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, to try to produce an army of half man, half monkey soldiers
29. The orangutan has the longest childhood dependence on the mother of any animal in the world.
30. Honey Badgers will sometimes castrate larger prey and then wait for the animal to weaken from bleeding.
31. It has been estimated that about 500, 000 people and over a million wild animals died in the Roman Colosseum.
32. Foxes are solitary animals, they like to hunt and sleep alone.
33. George Washington had gold, ivory, and animal teeth grillz.
34. Each year, zebras are responsible for more injuries to American zookeepers than any other animal.
35. People kill about 1, 776 animals for food every second of every day.
36. Sharks swim toward storms, instead of running away from them like most animals.
37. 6% of drivers will go out of their way to hit an animal they hate, like a tarantula or a snake.
38. As humans live longer, more animal species are becoming extinct.
39. Humans have caused 322 animal extinctions over the past 500 years.
40. Sick animals will pretend to be healthy if the opportunity to mate presents itself.
41. 82 percent of women are more attracted to men who like animals.
42. People in the Pokémon world eat Pokémon, since those are the only animals in that world.
43. Gelatin is derived from collagen, a protein collected from animal skin.
44. Pope Francis claims that animals can go to heaven.
45. Adult cats only meow to communicate with humans. They rarely meow to other cats or animals.
46. There is a travel agency that takes your stuffed animals on vacations around the world.
47. Ants make up 1/10 of the total world animal tissue.
48. Dogs and elephants are the only animals that seem to instinctively understand pointing.
49. The goldfish is the only animal that can see both infrared and ultraviolet light
50. The only animal with four knees is the elephant.
51. "Huggable Urns" are stuffed animals where you store the ashes of a loved one.
52. The hummingbird is the only animal that can fly backwards.
53. Dolphins have been observed harassing animals, for example, by dragging birds underwater without showing any intent to eat them.
54. A new fossil was found of a strange animal that has a worm like body, many legs, and long spikes.
55. A study has found that animals react to social pressure much as humans do.
56. Sharks are the only animals that never get sick.
57. A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first animals to fly in a hot air balloon.
58. The national animal of Scotland is the Unicorn.
59. Giraffes are the only animals born with horns.
60. The pistol shrimp is one of the loudest animals on the planet
61. New Jersey is the only state where it is required for animals to wear a seat belt. The fine could be up to $1000
62. A panda’s fur is coated with oil, which keeps the animal waterproof.
63. A study found that animals react to social and peer pressure the same way humans do.
64. No other animal has a longer pregnancy term than that of the elephant which is documented at an average of 22 months
65. Small animals such as flies and hummingbirds experience time in slow motion, which is why they can avoid your newspaper swats.
66. Leonardo DaVinci used to buy caged animals at the market just to set them free.
67. Only 3 kinds of animals form armies and go to "war" Humans, crows and ants.
68. Dolphins are the only animals besides humans that call each other by name.
69. Sharks are the only animals that never get sick. They are even immune to every known disease including cancer.
70. Scientists want to bring 24 animals back from extinction. They call it “de extinction.”
71. Leonardo da Vinci loved animals so much that he would often buy caged animals just to set them free.
72. Armadillos and humans are the only animals that can get leprosy
73. Sea otters have the thickest hair of any animal on earth. Each otter has about 800 million hairs on its body
74. Hermit crabs don’t have their own shells, and have to live in old shells of other animals.
75. If you pay $65, You can register your Dog as an "Emotional Support Animal"
76. The strongest animal in the world is the rhinoceros beetle. It can lift 850 times its own weight.
77. A “Panther” isn’t a real animal. It is actually a term used to describe black cougars, jaguars and leopards.
78. Amphibians are the only land animals that live part of their lives like fish
79. The last animal in the dictionary is the ZYZZYVA, a tropical weevil.
80. Turtles are one of the longest living group of animals, some living 150 yeras or more
81. Elephant pregnancies last 22 months – the longest gestation period among land animals.
82. Animals fed genetically engineered foods have suffered organ damage, tumors, birth defects, premature death and sterility.
83. Humans are the only mammals with permanently swollen breasts other animals only have them when nursing.
84. Peacocks are ground feeders.They hunt for small animals, like spiders, reptiles & amphibians, in tall grasses and minnows in shallow streams
85. The Hippopotamus is the 3rd largest land animal
86. Cats are the only known animal, aside from humans, that prefer to be given things freely rather than having to work for them.
87. Alice in Wonderland was banned in China because the government believed the idea of talking animals was an insult to humans.
88. Elephants are some of the most emotional creatures worldwide They have been known to rescue other animals, such as trapped dogs.
89. In West Virginia if you run over an animal, you can legally take it home and cook it for dinner!
90. Animal Planet made a fake documentary about the existence of mermaids... twice
91. The pangolin is an animal with an armadillo’s scales, a sloth’s claws, and a skunk’s spray.
92. Hagfish eat by attaching themselves to dead animals and tying themselves in knots!
93. The common hoopoe is a bird that digs through animal poop to catch insects for food.
94. Many tiny animals live in sponges.
95. The 2.5 ton, 55 foot long giant squid has the largest eyes of any animal on earth with each being over a foot in diameter
96. There was an animal described as “something like a cross between a horse and a gorilla” called a Chalicothere.
97. The porpoise is second to man as the most intelligent animal on the planet.
98. 27 animals died during the filming of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey."
99. Reindeer were the first animals to be domesticated, starting about 14, 000 years ago by palaeolithic hunter gatherers
100. A “devil worm” has been discovered miles under the Earth—the deepest living animal ever found.