1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. Most SouthernAmericans make no phonic distinction between pen & pin & this is one of the most recognized features of Southern speech today.
3. If you are an average American you will spend 6 months of your life waiting at a stop light.
4. In an American experiment, when showed gay porn, 80% of the homophobes had an erection compared to 34% of the non homophobic subjects.
5. The cost of a tourist visa for China is $130 for Americans and $30 for the rest of the world.
6. Kemo Sabe or All Knowing One, is actually a mispronunciation by Native Americans of the Spanish phrase, Quien lo Sabe, m...
7. Nearly one third of Americans believe animals should have the same rights as people, a recent Gallup poll found.
8. American Sign Language has more in common with spoken Japanese than it does with spoken English when it comes to grammar
9. Despite the focus on immigration the other way, Mexico has more American residents than any other country except the United States.
10. Sideburns are named after American Civil War General, General Burnside, who had huge sideburns connected by a mustache.
11. In the US, there are 18.6 million empty homes and 3.5 million homeless people. That means that every homeless American can own 6 houses.
12. Defying stereotypes, British people have much lower incidence of tooth decay and average one tooth more than American people.
13. Benjamin Netanyahu said the 9/11 attacks were beneficial to Israel because they "swung American public opinion."
14. The character Mickey Mouse was named after the American actor Mickey Rooney, whose mother, Walt Disney had dated.
15. Around 42 million American adults have had more than one marriage — that’s 20 million more than in 1980.
16. Almost 50% of all Americans live in the Eastern Time Zone.
17. The rise of the American superhero coincides with the rise of Nazi Germany.
18. As of 2014, most Americans state that walking alone at night is their number one fear.
19. Between 60 percent and 80 percent of North American college students have had some sort of hook up experience.
20. More than one third of American babies are tapping on smartphones and tablets even before they learn to walk or talk, according to a study.
21. The typical American child will be exposed to 12, 000 violent acts on television a year.
22. African Americans are 3x likelier and Latinos are 2 3x likelier to report less than 5 hours of sleep a day, compared to whites.
23. According to a survey, 60% of Americans say that President Obama is either Muslim “deep down” or that they don’t know what he believes.
24. People actually spend $42.5 billion per year trying to color gray hair. Americans spend less than this every year on diet products.
25. Every year, the average meat eating American ingests more than enough blood to fill a soda can
26. 1/4 of Americans think god helps decide the outcome of football games.
27. If the whole world lived like Americans, we would need 5 Earths just to sustain the population.
28. Every American space flight menu has included chocolate
29. The average Canadian is now richer (for the first time in history) than the average American.
30. Native Americans lost their history, their land, their culture in one of the least discussed genocides in world history.
31. Some American Indians did not eat Turkey meat because they believed killing such a timid bird showed laziness
32. The Beatles wrote into their contracts for American concerts that they would not play in front of segregated audiences.
33. Six percent of Americans don’t know how to ride a bike.
34. Americans have a 1 in 35 million chance of becoming infected with HIV from a blood transfusion.
35. If the Chinese, one day, use as much oil per person as Americans, then the world will need seven more Saudi Arabias to meet their demand.
36. 5% of white American adults are natural blonds
37. According to the CDC, as many as 110 million Americans have STDs at any given time.
38. The average American uses between 80 and 100 gallons of water a day, with toilet flushes being the largest use of water.
39. In 2014, 66% of single American men and 50% of single American women reported that they had engaged in a one night stand.
40. The incidence of cancer among strict Mormons in Utah is only about half that among Americans in general.
41. In a few American towns, Halloween was originally referred to as "Cabbage Night."
42. 23.5 million Americans live in food deserts, areas devoid of ready access to healthy foods.
43. It is believed that Benjamin Franklin designed the first American penny in 1787.
44. By the time most Americans are 18, they have eaten about 1, 500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
45. According to a poll, Japanese citizens don’t find Americans particularly honest or hardworking.
46. People in Cameroon gathered money in 1931 to send to “starving Americans”. The total amount gathered was $3.77.
47. 10% of Americans own a smartphone but do not have broadband internet at home, according to research.
48. Toothpicks are the objects most often choked on by Americans.
49. Every year, as many as 20% of Americans get sick with the flu, which can cause serious, even lethal complications.
50. American flags made in China are banned in the U.S. Military.
51. 13.6 million Americans live with a serious mental illness.
52. 51% of Americans surveyed say abortion should be legal in all or most cases.
53. American Evangelicals help fund violent anti gay movement in Uganda.
54. American kids are not getting fatter. Obesity rates are holding steady and have been for 9 years.
55. Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
56. A 2014 survey revealed that more than one quarter of Americans ages 18 to 33 had quit a job because their co workers were rude to them.
57. American Airlines could save $352, 154 in yearly fuel costs by flying without Sky Mall catalogs weighing down its planes.
58. Tesla Motors is the second oldest publicly listed American Automaker.
59. One in six American adults binge drink weekly.
60. During the week before Easter, Americans buy around 71 million pounds of chocolate candy.
61. The average American unknowingly breaks at least three federal criminal laws every day.
62. Some television stations would edit out parts of the Popeye cartoons due to offensive, racist portrayals of African Americans.
63. Americans buy 11 billion paper clips a year, which is about 35 clips for every person in the country.
64. The smell of Crayola crayons is so familiar that it is 1 of the 20 most recognizable scents to American adults
65. African American men were not considered equal members of the Mormon church until 1978 because they were thought to be the sons of Cain.
66. In 75% of American households, the women manage the money and pay the bills
67. During war, Americans and their allies typically cause 10 20 times more combat casualties than American forces suffer.
68. The poop from one million Americans could contain as much as $2.6 million in gold and silver, according to scientists.
69. This year, it is estimated that March Madness will cost the collective American workplace nearly $2 billion due to distraction.
70. 50 to 60% of American teenage girls believe they are overweight, yet only 15 to 20% of them are actually overweight.
71. In 1830, the average American was consuming 1.7 bottles of hard liquor per week.
72. American school buses are yellow because you see yellow faster than any other color, 1.24 times faster than red in fact.
73. Europe has banned more than half the cosmetics Americans use on a daily basis due to health risks.
74. Asian American households, on average, earn more than general U.S.households.
75. 100 years ago, most Americans spent 43% of each day working just to get food. Now, they spend only 7% of each day doing so.
76. According to a U.S. historian, more than a million Europeans were enslaved by North American slave traders between 1530 and 1780.
77. When playing an American character, Christian Bale will give all his interviews in an American accent in order to not confuse the audience.
78. No American has died of old age since 1951.
79. Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
80. Americans throw away 30 billion foam cups, 220 million tires, and 1.8 billion disposable diapers every year.
81. All of the American flags on the Moon are still standing, but they have turned white from exposure to the Sun.
82. The average American produces 7.1 pounds of trash per day. The average Japanese? 2.5. #earthday
83. Fewer than 4 in 10 Americans believe that other world leaders respect President Obama — only 2 in 1 believed they respected George Bush.
84. The average American consumes 1.2 pounds of spider eggs a year and eat 2.5 pounds of insect parts a year.
85. Marijuana is the most common illegal drug used in the United States. Approximately 100 million Americans have tried marijuana at least once
86. On average, Americans move to a new home 11 times in their life.
87. If you have no debts and $10 in your pocket, you have more wealth than 25% of Americans.
88. About 30, 000 Americans are injured by toilets every year.
89. In the Star Wars universe, the Jawas speak an altered version of Zulu and Greedo speaks a South American language called Kechua.
90. 11% of Americans think that HTML is a type of STD.
91. Lady Gaga is going to star in the next season of American Horror Story.
92. Between 25 to 28% of Americans believe we never landed on the moon.
93. The U.S. national anthem, "The Star Spangled Banner", actually has four verses, though Americans traditionally sing only the first verse.
94. A Samoan American man is up to 56 times more likely to play in the NFL than a non Samoan American man.
95. More than 40 million Americans have tattoos, and 17% of those people are figuring out how to get them removed.
96. British people used to have American sounding accents, not the other way around.
97. Americans consume 10 billion donuts every year.
98. Americans spend around $500 million on Twinkies every year.
99. Americans spend about $65 billion a year on soda.
100. Carrie Underwood earned college credit for being on ‘American Idol.’