1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. The Mall of America has no central heating system. All the heat is generated by people, lighting, and skylights.
3. Most SouthernAmericans make no phonic distinction between pen & pin & this is one of the most recognized features of Southern speech today.
4. If you are an average American you will spend 6 months of your life waiting at a stop light.
5. In an American experiment, when showed gay porn, 80% of the homophobes had an erection compared to 34% of the non homophobic subjects.
6. The cost of a tourist visa for China is $130 for Americans and $30 for the rest of the world.
7. Every year, India is producing twice as many engineers, scientists, and IT specialists as America.
8. The Mall of America has no central heating system. All the heat is generated by people, lighting, and skylights
9. Kemo Sabe or All Knowing One, is actually a mispronunciation by Native Americans of the Spanish phrase, Quien lo Sabe, m...
10. Nearly one third of Americans believe animals should have the same rights as people, a recent Gallup poll found.
11. Almost 9 out of 10 people in America eat pizza at least once a month, about 350 slices per second and 100 acres of pizza a day.
12. American Sign Language has more in common with spoken Japanese than it does with spoken English when it comes to grammar
13. Despite the focus on immigration the other way, Mexico has more American residents than any other country except the United States.
14. Sideburns are named after American Civil War General, General Burnside, who had huge sideburns connected by a mustache.
15. In the US, there are 18.6 million empty homes and 3.5 million homeless people. That means that every homeless American can own 6 houses.
16. Defying stereotypes, British people have much lower incidence of tooth decay and average one tooth more than American people.
17. America has 19 aircraft carriers—the rest of the world has 12 combined.
18. Benjamin Netanyahu said the 9/11 attacks were beneficial to Israel because they "swung American public opinion."
19. The internet runs 24 hours a day in some parts of the world, but in Asia, South America, and Eastern Europe the internet “sleeps.”
20. The character Mickey Mouse was named after the American actor Mickey Rooney, whose mother, Walt Disney had dated.
21. Around 42 million American adults have had more than one marriage — that’s 20 million more than in 1980.
22. Almost 50% of all Americans live in the Eastern Time Zone.
23. The rise of the American superhero coincides with the rise of Nazi Germany.
24. Portland has a higher percentage of literate people than any other major city in America.
25. More than seven people die from suicide every hour in the Americas.
26. As of 2014, most Americans state that walking alone at night is their number one fear.
27. Between 60 percent and 80 percent of North American college students have had some sort of hook up experience.
28. More than one third of American babies are tapping on smartphones and tablets even before they learn to walk or talk, according to a study.
29. The typical American child will be exposed to 12, 000 violent acts on television a year.
30. African Americans are 3x likelier and Latinos are 2 3x likelier to report less than 5 hours of sleep a day, compared to whites.
31. Only 2% of the clothing sold in America is made in America.
32. According to a survey, 60% of Americans say that President Obama is either Muslim “deep down” or that they don’t know what he believes.
33. People actually spend $42.5 billion per year trying to color gray hair. Americans spend less than this every year on diet products.
34. Every year, the average meat eating American ingests more than enough blood to fill a soda can
35. From 9PM to 12AM, Netflix accounts for 33% of all bandwidth in North America.
36. 1/4 of Americans think god helps decide the outcome of football games.
37. If the whole world lived like Americans, we would need 5 Earths just to sustain the population.
38. Every American space flight menu has included chocolate
39. The average Canadian is now richer (for the first time in history) than the average American.
40. Native Americans lost their history, their land, their culture in one of the least discussed genocides in world history.
41. Some American Indians did not eat Turkey meat because they believed killing such a timid bird showed laziness
42. The Beatles wrote into their contracts for American concerts that they would not play in front of segregated audiences.
43. Six percent of Americans don’t know how to ride a bike.
44. Americans have a 1 in 35 million chance of becoming infected with HIV from a blood transfusion.
45. If the Chinese, one day, use as much oil per person as Americans, then the world will need seven more Saudi Arabias to meet their demand.
46. Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, not China.
47. 5% of white American adults are natural blonds
48. According to the CDC, as many as 110 million Americans have STDs at any given time.
49. The average American uses between 80 and 100 gallons of water a day, with toilet flushes being the largest use of water.
50. In 2014, 66% of single American men and 50% of single American women reported that they had engaged in a one night stand.
51. The incidence of cancer among strict Mormons in Utah is only about half that among Americans in general.
52. In a few American towns, Halloween was originally referred to as "Cabbage Night."
53. 23.5 million Americans live in food deserts, areas devoid of ready access to healthy foods.
54. It is believed that Benjamin Franklin designed the first American penny in 1787.
55. By the time most Americans are 18, they have eaten about 1, 500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
56. According to a poll, Japanese citizens don’t find Americans particularly honest or hardworking.
57. People in Cameroon gathered money in 1931 to send to “starving Americans”. The total amount gathered was $3.77.
58. 10% of Americans own a smartphone but do not have broadband internet at home, according to research.
59. Toothpicks are the objects most often choked on by Americans.
60. Every year, as many as 20% of Americans get sick with the flu, which can cause serious, even lethal complications.
61. American flags made in China are banned in the U.S. Military.
62. 13.6 million Americans live with a serious mental illness.
63. 51% of Americans surveyed say abortion should be legal in all or most cases.
64. American Evangelicals help fund violent anti gay movement in Uganda.
65. American kids are not getting fatter. Obesity rates are holding steady and have been for 9 years.
66. Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
67. A 2014 survey revealed that more than one quarter of Americans ages 18 to 33 had quit a job because their co workers were rude to them.
68. American Airlines could save $352, 154 in yearly fuel costs by flying without Sky Mall catalogs weighing down its planes.
69. Popeye cartoons were so popular during the Great Depression, sales of spinach in America increased by 33%.
70. Tesla Motors is the second oldest publicly listed American Automaker.
71. One in six American adults binge drink weekly.
72. During the week before Easter, Americans buy around 71 million pounds of chocolate candy.
73. The average American unknowingly breaks at least three federal criminal laws every day.
74. Some television stations would edit out parts of the Popeye cartoons due to offensive, racist portrayals of African Americans.
75. Americans buy 11 billion paper clips a year, which is about 35 clips for every person in the country.
76. "MILF" is the most frequently searched porn term on the Internet in North America.
77. The smell of Crayola crayons is so familiar that it is 1 of the 20 most recognizable scents to American adults
78. Nigeria is estimated to exceed the U.S. in population by 2050, despite being one tenth the size of America.
79. African American men were not considered equal members of the Mormon church until 1978 because they were thought to be the sons of Cain.
80. The first person to legally own a slave in Colonial America was black.
81. In 75% of American households, the women manage the money and pay the bills
82. During war, Americans and their allies typically cause 10 20 times more combat casualties than American forces suffer.
83. The poop from one million Americans could contain as much as $2.6 million in gold and silver, according to scientists.
84. This year, it is estimated that March Madness will cost the collective American workplace nearly $2 billion due to distraction.
85. According to the FBI, Detroit, Michigan is currently the most dangerous city in America.
86. Jeans, thought to be invented in America, originated in 18th century Italy where Genoan sailors wore snappy outfits made from denim.
87. 50 to 60% of American teenage girls believe they are overweight, yet only 15 to 20% of them are actually overweight.
88. In 1830, the average American was consuming 1.7 bottles of hard liquor per week.
89. American school buses are yellow because you see yellow faster than any other color, 1.24 times faster than red in fact.
90. There are more black people in jail now in America than were enslaved in 1850.
91. Europe has banned more than half the cosmetics Americans use on a daily basis due to health risks.
92. Asian American households, on average, earn more than general U.S.households.
93. 100 years ago, most Americans spent 43% of each day working just to get food. Now, they spend only 7% of each day doing so.
94. According to a U.S. historian, more than a million Europeans were enslaved by North American slave traders between 1530 and 1780.
95. When playing an American character, Christian Bale will give all his interviews in an American accent in order to not confuse the audience.
96. No American has died of old age since 1951.
97. Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
98. The Bank of America was originally called "The Bank of Italy"
99. Americans throw away 30 billion foam cups, 220 million tires, and 1.8 billion disposable diapers every year.
100. In America, there are approximately 270 million firearms possessed by civilians, and only less than a million carried by police.