1. Intelligent children are more likely to grow up to consume alcohol more frequently and engage in binge drinking than less intelligent kids.
2. Alcohol kills 2.5M people per year.
3. Some people have been recorded and survived having a blood alcohol content over 1.00%.
4. It only takes 6 minutes for brain cells to react to alcohol.
5. Psychology says that after consuming alcohol, our perceptions change to make people appear more attractive.
6. Absenteeism and decreased productivity from alcohol hangovers cost the U.S. economy $148 billion every year.
7. Blue eyed people on average have a higher alcohol tolerance than people with other eye colors.
8. When an ant gets too drunk, his fellow comrade will carry him back to the nest to sleep off the alcohol.
9. Some hospitals keep a supply of beer for alcoholics in case they go through withdrawal, which can be fatal.
10. For people over 60, light or moderate alcohol intake is associated with better recall of past events, according to a study.
11. Sagittarius B, an interstellar cloud 26, 000 light years from Earth, contains a billion billion billion litres of alcohol.
12. A pint of beer, a glass of wine, and a shot of vodka all contain almost the same amount of alcohol.
13. Alcohol is not exclusively a terrestrial matter. Astronomers found out there is a lot alcohol in space as well.
14. A muscular person has a higher alcohol tolerance than someone with more body fat. Water rich muscle tissues absorb alcohol more effectively.
15. Many ancient Egyptian pharaohs were overweight and unhealthy, likely due to a sugary diet of alcohol, bread and honey.
16. There’s a massive cloud full of alcohol in the center of our galaxy. It would smell like rum and taste like raspberries.
17. In France, a five year old child can buy an alcoholic drink in a bar.
18. Having minimal social interaction with the outside world is equally harmful, to smoking 15 cigarettes a day or being an alcoholic.
19. A study found that kids who try a sip of alcohol before 6th grade are more likely to start drinking by the time they enter high school.
20. Drinking moderate amounts of alcohol before writing can actually enhance your creativity.
21. A study suggests alcoholic students perform better in exams if they stay drunk while taking the test.
22. A study found people with lighter eye colors (blue, green, hazel, grey) have a higher alcohol tolerance.
23. The U.S. government has approved the sale of powdered alcohol beginning the summer of 2015.
24. One Alcoholic drink a day can reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes by up to 30 percent
25. Intelligent children are more likely to grow up to consume alcohol more frequently and engage in binge drinking than less intelligent kids.
26. Sigmund Freud recommended cocaine as treatment for alcoholism, morphine addiction, and depression.
27. Alcohol does NOT kill brain cells.
28. The Irish poet Brendan Behan became an alcoholic at the age of eight.
29. People with blue eyes have a higher alcohol tolerance.
30. Tobacco is the leading cause of death in America, more than any other drug or alcohol. Yet, it is legal.
31. Drinking alcohol is 100 times more dangerous than using marijuana, according to a study.
32. Alcohol kills 2.5 million people every year.
33. If the average college student gave up alcohol for a year, they would save $900.
34. An iPhone app (BAC Alcohol Calculator) can tell you exactly how drunk you are after entering your weight and type of beverage.
35. Alcohol poisoning kills six people in the U.S. every day.
36. Polish scientists are working on a new method to detect drunk drivers – a laser to zap your car and sniff out any alcohol fumes.
37. Mixing alcohol with diet coke will get you more drunk than mixing it with regular coke.
38. A new study has found that alcohol consumption tends to make spiritual people more violent.
39. "I told my mom to send me $400 for textbooks, I now have enough alcohol to last me a month." Monmouth University
40. Alcoholic drinks have almost as many empty calories as soft drinks.
41. Kids who try to act cool in early adolescence are more likely to have issues with drugs and alcohol later in life.
42. The younger you are when you start drinking, the more likely you are to have a problem with alcohol.
43. You can shrink a pimple within minutes by putting a bit of Listerine on it. The alcohol dries it up and causes it to fade.
44. Captain Whiskey Dick A person who suffers from impotence due to alcohol consumption.
45. Wrestler Andre the Giant set the world record for the most alcohol consumed, he drank 156 beers in a single sitting.
46. Women absorb alcohol into the bloodstream faster and metabolize it slower than men.
47. Until 2012, no beer with over 6% alcohol by volume could be sold in Mississippi (which excludes most micro brews). The limit is now 10.2%.
48. Teenagers who drink alone have a higher risk of becoming alcoholics.
49. Alcohol is considered a performance enhancing drug in gun competitions.
50. Until 2011 in Russia, any drink that was under 10% alcohol was not considered an alcoholic beverage, just a regular drink.
51. Scientists have discovered a giant cloud of alcohol – spanning 288 billion miles – floating in space.
52. Many high school cafeterias in Europe serve alcohol to students who choose to drink.
53. Patron, Hennessy, Grey Goose, and Jack Daniel’s are the most referenced alcohol brands in Music.
54. The ability to digest alcohol occurred around 10 million years ago and many researchers believe it played a key role in evolution.
55. Pigs can become alcoholics.
56. Alcohol goes in, truth comes out.
57. In colonial America, it was normal for people above the age of 15 to drink the equivalent of seven shots of alcohol per day.
58. 70% of people would give up alcohol and 63% would give up chocolate before they would give up their cell phones.
59. The darker the color of the alcoholic drink, the worse your hangover will be.
60. Alcohol makes people appear 5 times more attractive than they really are
61. Your blood alcohol concentration typically peaks 30 to 60 minutes after your last drink.
62. Boredom is the single largest contributor to the use of drugs and alcohol among teens.
63. Obesity is more heritable than schizophrenia, high blood pressure, and alcoholism.
64. Between 30 60% of cocaine users combine the drug with alcohol. This concurrent use is the cause of 75% of cocaine related deaths in the U.S.
65. After consuming alcohol, our perceptions change to make people appear more attractive. So yes, "beer goggles" are real.
66. The family of compounds known as alcohols are all toxins that can kill you, whether instantly, quickly, or gradually.
67. Birds that consume alcohol slur their songs, much like a human would slur their speech.
68. Drinking large amounts of alcohol during the Spring Break is one of the possible causes of brain damage in adults.
69. It only takes six minutes for the brain to react to alcohol.
70. As an adult, Barack Obama admitted to using marijuana, cocaine and alcohol in high school.
71. There is a cloud of alcohol in outer space with enough alcohol to make 4 trillion trillion drinks.
72. South Koreans drink twice as much alcohol as Russians according to one study.
73. There is a cloud of alcohol in outer space with enough alcohol to make 4 trillion trillion drinks
74. Dipsomania refers to an insatiable craving for alcoholic beverages
75. Milkshakes were originally alcoholic.
76. Drinking alcohol before sleep reduces the amount of deep REM sleep which leaves you feeling less rested.
77. Alcohol Definition: Your best friend, and kid friendly. Sentence: Drink alcohol, become a superhero.
78. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.
79. There are 33 non alcoholic brands that generate over $1 billion in revenue. Coca Cola owns 15 of them.
80. Blue eyed people tend to have a higher alcohol tolerance than those with darker eyes.
81. Male fruit flies rejected by females drink significantly more alcohol than those that have had a successful encounter.
82. Even a small amount of alcohol placed on a scorpion will make it go crazy and sting itself to death.
83. Most alcoholic beverages contain all 13 minerals necessary to sustain human life.
84. Motorists who talk on cell phones are more impaired than drunk drivers with blood alcohol levels exceeding .08.